Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HSBC = The SUCK!!!!!! Please read

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSBC = The SUCK!!!!!! Please read

Hello All,

I'd like to warn anyone that has/may finance their bike through HSBC Finance. I had my M50 financed on SUzuki Credit and let me tell you HSBC is a joke! I have had my bike paid off in full since April 8th, 2008 and have yet to receive the release of lein letter. This euqates to one pissed-off buyer who cannot register the bike until he receives the release of lein. He has already purchased the bike as well as put insurance on it.....but cannot ride in the beautiful Michigan weather right now.

I have spoken to countless customer representatives and "floor supervisors" and have made no headway with these fools! First they lied to me last week, stating that they were going to fax the letter to me. I never received it so I called back and they said they expedited the letter through the mail, and that their company policy was not to fax the release. They blatantly lied to me because the CSR I spoke with was supposedly faxing it as we spoke. Then they decided to fax a "payment of account" letter which was simply a letter saying that the account was paid off, assuming this and assuming that. The secretary of state laughed at that and wouldn't accept it.

SO today I requested that they FEDex it next day to MI (keep in mind they are located in Carol Stream, IL) and asked if I have a FEDex account, expecting me to pay for it. What kind of customer service is this? She also told me that it takes 7-10 days to receive the letter but said it was expedited on the 9th. It cannot take that long to go from IL to MI.......I'm sorry. I am so pissed off because new owner wants to ride his new bike, and there is nothnig I can do for him!!!!

I honestly think there is grounds for a lawsuit in which I plan to pursue.....Whyshould it take up to 30 days to get a damn letter from them to release the bike, but they gladly take my money on a matter of seconds?????

Old 04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Default RE: HSBC = The SUCK!!!!!! Please read

I dont know how you are getting 30 days? You said you just PIF on the 8th? That is only8 days. Seems to me you are over reacting alittle bit.

Edit: You also just registered for this site and are bashing the company. I know I dont take one persons word and bad experience to stay away from a lender.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: flashman

I dont know how you are getting 30 days? You said you just PIF on the 8th? That is only8 days. Seems to me you are over reacting alittle bit.

yep.. nothing you can do.. and i hope being over 18 you have learned that no one is going to pay to ship you something faster than they normally do.

If you want it overnight you will have to pay for it.. just like when something says free shipping orders over $100.. its usually ups ground or something similar.. if you want it faster its gonna cost ya..

take a deep breath..

Old 04-16-2008, 01:33 PM

Flashman,

They said it takes up to 30 days to receive the letter and said they were going to do me a favor and expedite it and send it out right away. If you were in the position of the buyer, you would understand. You haven't bend spending countless days on the phone with CSR's that lie to you either. You can make what you wantof this, but put yourself in the buyers shoes! He bought a bike but cannot register it until the damn release letter has come in. The company keeps giving me the same runaround......if it were Comcast cable, I'd have free premium channels and wireless internet by now!

Do you think it's right to purchase a bike and insure it but not be able to ride it because the lender is taking so long to release thelein? What reallymakes no sense to me is that since the bike was purchased througha "credit card" then PL/PD coverage is able to be placed on the bike. That negates the reason to even have a lein in the first place....I mean what isHSBC going to do with a scrap bike they have a lein against?? You apparently don't understand the frustration of having the new owner wondering where the hell the release of lein form is, when itcould have been easilyresolved with a quick fax to the SOS.

As for the low post count.......I did mention that I had an M50.Why would I post on HondaForums when I have owned a Suzuki until lately? I now havea CBR and am obtaining new information about it, hence just joining CBRForum. Seems like there are post ****'s on every forum I beong too......thought maybe I'djoin a more relaxed crowd over here.........

Old 04-16-2008, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: 1BAD02RT

Flashman,

They said it takes up to 30 days to receive the letter and said they were going to do me a favor and expedite it and send it out right away. If you were in the position of the buyer, you would understand. You haven't bend spending countless days on the phone with CSR's that lie to you either. You can make what you wantof this, but put yourself in the buyers shoes! He bought a bike but cannot register it until the damn release letter has come in. The company keeps giving me the same runaround......if it were Comcast cable, I'd have free premium channels and wireless internet by now!

Do you think it's right to purchase a bike and insure it but not be able to ride it because the lender is taking so long to release thelein? What reallymakes no sense to me is that since the bike was purchased througha "credit card" then PL/PD coverage is able to be placed on the bike. That negates the reason to even have a lein in the first place....I mean what isHSBC going to do with a scrap bike they have a lein against?? You apparently don't understand the frustration of having the new owner wondering where the hell the release of lein form is, when itcould have been easilyresolved with a quick fax to the SOS.

As for the low post count.......I did mention that I had an M50.Why would I post on HondaForums when I have owned a Suzuki until lately? I now havea CBR and am obtaining new information about it, hence just joining CBRForum. Seems like there are post ****'s on every forum I beong too......thought maybe I'djoin a more relaxed crowd over here.........
hey buddy,

relax a bit - we aren't post trolls or ****'s, it just takes a bit of time on this forum to get "established" - at 300 some posts i'm still in that process myself. We are probably one of the most relaxed places you'll ever find on the net (just ask zac exactly what he wanted you to take a deep breath of [sm=roll.gif]) That being said, dealing with companies like this is a huge hassle and we've all had similar experiences. Has the new owner called the company as well?

good luck and welcome...

Old 04-16-2008, 01:59 PM

Your right I havent gone through what you have with HSBC, but I have had my go arounds with many other companies. And I do know what it is like to have a vehicle where I couldnt get it registered so believe me its not as though you are the only person who is unlucky enough to have this happen to. And you only spoke of your M50 being financed through your Suzuki Credit card, with never any mention that you owned a CBR so how am I suppose to assume that you have a reason to be on this forum when you made your original post?

I am not trying to be a dick, believe me it does suck that it is taking a long time in your eyes to do you a favor. But even though someone mentioned they would help you out, it is possible they forgot or chose not to do it at all. I can tell you one thing though, yelling and getting pissy over the phone wont help you. So just relax and sit on your bike and pretend you are going through twisties until you actually can ride it.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Banned

Okay, did you start speaking 3rd person or is there someone other than you in the equation?

I understand the frustration - but if you're insured and the bike is obviously registered...

Why are you not out riding again?

Old 04-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Banned

Put your paperwork in your pocket and call it a day.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:34 PM

Ahhh, nothing like using cash.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Retired Administrator

He's not riding because he sold the bike. That's the only mistake I see, never sell anything that you don't have the paper work in hand for.

And he's just giving a warning for the rest of us that may have to deal with them. Take it for what it is and move on.

We are a relaxe

Quick Reply: HSBC = The SUCK!!!!!! Please read