Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How Often do you Ride?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Often do you Ride?

Just got my 02 F4i about a month ago, it's my first bike so I've been out riding just about evvvvery day (weather permitting). I'm probably out riding for at least a couple hours almost every day after work and a couple of hours on the weekends. My brand new Cortech gloves are already starting to look a little worn out . I'm sure the newness of my first bike will wear off and I probablly won't be out as much after a while. Just trying to see how much everyone else rides out there, am I overdoing it? lol.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:59 AM

If I ride it is mostly to work or if I have to do a quick errand - don't have any time right now to pleasure ride.

I rode the bike several times a week to work during the summer but I wear a shirt and tie to work so if it was going much above 92 I would take the truck or car - it just got too hot at Lunch Time....

Old 10-02-2009, 10:15 AM

I ride to college 3 times a week in any weather. On my days off I usually ride into town if ive to go somewhere or do some light shopping. If its raining though Ill take the car.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:56 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll ride any chance I get , other pressures stop me riding as often as I would like , but at least once a day weather/work permitting .

Summer weekends I'll get up at dawn to have the roads to myself , that gives me about three hours of good quality riding , once the traffic starts I'll go home. Days are getting shorter now so I'll only get an hour & half on a Sunday morning. I see all the other riders just coming out when I'm on my way home , those fools have missed the best riding conditions of the day

Ride as often as you can , your abilities/experience will improve , as long as your enjoying it WTH!

Old 10-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ride whenever I can.
Sometimes I need to take the truck or jeep to haul something..... and sometimes I just don't feel like riding in the rain or cold. (although I regularly do)

I ride more than I drive, though. (with the exception of bad winters)

Old 10-02-2009, 11:55 AM

I used to ride all the time. I don't ride on the street anymore though. This past spring I lost three riders in a month and a half and pretty much everyone I rode with has stopped riding on the street as well. We found the real place to be riding on the track. I also started racing this past spring as well. Once you get on the track, you'll never want to ride on the street again.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:07 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Living in Chicago there is a short time frame that you can ride so I ride every day that is is not raining. I think it goes away next week for the winter

Old 10-02-2009, 04:48 PM

Its getting nice in FL now - I'm out every day. I'm a noob - and its amazing how quickly your skills improve as you get more and more comfortable with it.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:44 PM

Almost everyday.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM

i ride everyday and as much as i could. and everyday i get a little better and better... i havent had any falls yet knock on wood

Quick Reply: How Often do you Ride?