Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How not to Port and Polish

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How not to Port and Polish

I can't believe people are this dumb...

http://www.audiforums.com/m_693578/m.../tm.htm#693578

Old 12-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Default RE: How not to Port and Polish

Oh man... that was a funny read. Joke or not, the whole idea of that is just awesome.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:20 PM

oh jesus... I saw this a while back on hondacivicforum... I don't know what's worse... this or the whole Direct Exhaust Injection thing.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:51 PM

wow, i cant believe he did that.... a little fubar eh

Old 12-05-2007, 03:17 PM

Hey FLYOU EJA595 came to Duplin today, I told him to say hi to you... it was fun.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Banned

I don't know who was dumber the guy that said he was gonna do it or the guys that believed someone was that dumb.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

I don't know who was dumber the guy that said he was gonna do it or the guys that believed someone was that dumb.
Haha, yeah. I still got a laugh. In the 6 years I worked in the automotive industry, I saw too many things happen that it just started to make things like that seem really funny. This is NO JOKE... we had a lady who had her car towed in to the shop I was working at saying the car wouldn't turn over. As she continues (while they're unhooking her car from the towtruck), she says "I was trying to save some money so I was trying to do my own oil change. When I got done, the car wouldn't turn over, I don't know what happened." We asked "Alright, what all did you change?" She says "I changed the oil filter thing, and I put oil in it." We ask "How much oil?" Then... with a straight face she says "Oh I don't know, I just filled it up."

... We walked outside to her car, popped the hood, took off the oil filler cap, and found out she had LITTERALY filled the car, up to the top of the valve covers (If I recall it was a buick with the 6 cylinder 3.1 liter engine) full of oil. It ended up being something like 22 quarts of oil.

People are dumb... real real dumb. I've heard a mehanic I worked with, after his door pinched a sub-amp wire he had carelessly run the "ghetto" way in through the door seal, that all that smoke (with a serious face) "Wasn't a big deal" and that it just "Let the smoke out of the wire" because "They seal it in there, it protects the copper wires." [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 12-05-2007, 06:25 PM

Let the smoke out of the wire" because "They seal it in there, it protects the copper wires.
It's called smoke theory FYI. Learned that little tidbit 2nd year in school. Although its the smoke that makes it work.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: some guy #2

Let the smoke out of the wire" because "They seal it in there, it protects the copper wires.
It's called smoke theory FYI. Learned that little tidbit 2nd year in school. Although its the smoke that makes it work.
It doesn't mean it's in cheap amp wire you buy from walmart, and it shouldn't all "come out" when you short the wire in the pinch of a door hinge. It's not the motive, it's the reality that's funny.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:17 PM

NO WAYanyoneis that phukin dumb!!!!!! But then again it's to be expected from a VAG owner.

Quick Reply: How not to Port and Polish