Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

how NOT to paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how NOT to paint

so we've all seen how nice paint looks .. here's the other side of the coin for your entertainment
(note: flame suite fully geared on, blast away)

i decided since my tires don't have much life in them, during my break at work, to play around and see how it would look.

since i'm in the printing business i thought i'd experiment with press ink since it was handy.

i chose a silver metallic ink (which came out fantastic even though you can't really tell from the photo) and took my time and painstakingly did detailed work and when i was finished it was beautiful .. real pro type quality work if i have to say so myself. i wasn't sure if it would even stick to rubber but it did.

finished break, went back to work and then left for home 3 hours later ... one little insy winsy problem however, i forgot the little insignificant fact that presses use a built-in dryer to dry the ink and even then it takes many hours for the ink to be smear free. without a dryer it takes about 48 hours to dry.

on the way home the bike almost slipped out from under me and i pulled over and noticed the ink had smeared all the way into the threads of the tire!!! yikes!! so i wiped all the excess off and rode home and now you have the not-so improved "graffiti" version of the original (i never took pix of before it smeared) .. hey, at least its dry now lol .. next time i shall do it when i know i won't be moving/riding it for 48 hours if I use press ink.

Name:  P1010362.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  130.4 KB

Old 05-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: how NOT to paint

oops a doops ..lol ;-)

Jules

Old 05-25-2008, 03:03 PM

/me locks your bike out of your reach while your bored from now on

Old 05-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not even gonna touch the lettering, i'm going after your ricer lighted valve caps

Old 05-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Retired Moderator

bike is japanese so i thought i'd have it "rice-enhanced" ahaha

Old 05-25-2008, 11:23 PM

does the lighted valve stem cap add horsepower??? if so, i think im gonna get a pair. [sm=joke.gif]lol

Old 05-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: BRRandon

does the lighted valve stem cap add horsepower??? if so, i think im gonna get a pair. [sm=joke.gif]lol

Of course they dont silly, but if you add the corresponding sticker with it then you get your 5hp for each one

Old 05-26-2008, 03:58 AM

man i had valve caps like that

when i was 12...

Old 05-26-2008, 04:21 AM

Are those Camaro rims in the background? They look like one of the options on the 98-02 Camaro. Anyhow, lol sux for you, you can't take it off?

Old 05-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Retired Moderator

I'm sure I could take it off but honestly not much life left in the tire so it isn't worth the effort. It really doesn't look that bad standing next to bike instead of zoomed in like that pic .. almost looks like I was going for that look .. at least that's what I'm going to make myself believe regardless of what anyone says haha

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums
Are those Camaro rims in the background?

Nopes .. those belong to the G35 Sport

There is a game we can play .. kind of like on the Conan O'Brien show where he shows a tightly zoomed in pic of something and people have to guess what it is and keeps zooming out until someone gets it.

Name:  G35LeftSide_SM.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  111.5 KB

Quick Reply: how NOT to paint