Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How NOT to Clean Your Chain

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh, the darwin awards..always a good read, makes me feel better about myself!

Gixxer.com is fun in some ways- lots of posting, goes fast, and anything goes. As a consquence, you do get a higher proportion of idiots...but then, the members are pretty good about calling out the tards as well.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Yeah I used to post a lot over there but it's...full of Ruff Ryders and such. Not my cuppa. I like it here better

Old 10-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha I am starting to get that same drift around people who have gixsers. My buddy's first bike was a gsx750 08. In the first two weeks it was ***** to the walls. Third week in town he laid it down at 90(idiot) and lucky he went into a park/construction zone were it was all brush. He got banged up good(still walked and everything) but everything fell apart on the bike that's for sure. Moral of the story. He got back on it again and keeps riding the same way (after he bought all new plastics and such). Some gixsers never learn.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:00 PM

My kid says it's the most popular bike on campus. Maybe they think they are buying mini Hyabusas?

When I was a kid, my next door neighbor swore by Chryslers. A new part fell off just about every week, and it only started some of the time, but he did manage to back over me on my tricycle once.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 PM

I must have missed something... How does some idiot running his fingers through the driveline become a brand of the machine issue? That poor stupid bastard has to go through life explaining how it happened to every fascinated 6 year old that asks." Ya see son... and thats how Bubba learned to keep clear of moving machinery."

Old 10-03-2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
I must have missed something... How does some idiot running his fingers through the driveline become a brand of the machine issue?
It was right up front when RojerLockless posted the humorous squid picture in response to my smartass comment about somebody's comment about Gixxers and then everyone piled on. We were bored.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it wasn't for Mat Mladin & Tommy Hayden, they wouldn't get respect, no respect at all.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:33 PM

Whether or not it was a bright idea it sucks hard that you will have to live with that for the rest of your life.

Quick Reply: How NOT to Clean Your Chain