Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HOW NO TO GET......

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW NO TO GET......

hey guys... as i has said b4. im wrking this summer to buy me a f4i...
but i have lots of ??? since i never owned a sportbike b4..
so i was wondering how not to get ripped off wile looking for a bike, besides millage and body.
what else?? can you tell me whut to hear for, whut sounds it should make at idle...
i would like to buy from a dealer, but since tax applies and allso still have to pay registration and all that..
i might have to end up buying from private owner.....

and tips, advise will hellp, and will b apriciated.....

thanks guys ya'll rock.....

Old 05-24-2007, 01:45 AM
Banned
Default RE: HOW NO TO GET......

Unless you find a deal too good to pass up - take someone with you.

Trust me, if you find a deal as described above - you'll know it.

Bikes make noises inherently, but it also doesn't mean every noise is normal. Some bikes have known problems from the factory. The biggest thing to me is making sure everything on the bike is what/where it should be. Do as much research as you possibly can about tire size, swingarm style, plastic styles... just general stuff, I guess.

Take someone with you.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:48 AM

I am no expert, but if you have common sense of anything mechanical, use common sense, listen for things that might be odd. Ticking, rattling, uneven idle ect. If the guy says it's never been down, check for scrapes on the pegs, if the guy has severe chicken strips but the pegs are scraped, might be an indication that he laid it down. Check the levers too. I know lots of guys say their bike never went down but couldn't explain the scrapes on the levers. Just look it over good, ride it if you can, run it through the gears, do slow spped manuevers and see if it all feels right for what the guy is saying.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:13 AM

thanks guys.... common sence sound about rite....
allso, is there anyone from north houston?? that has a 2001 f4i thatss up for sale..??
or that can come with if i find one!!! thanks for your help....