Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

how to lower gas prices *idea*

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to lower gas prices *idea*

Anyway i got an email a while back talking about boycotting exxon and mobil gas since they are the 2 biggest suppliers. Anyway the idea would be to boycott them untill gas was under 2.00$ a gallon.

anyone think this would work?

I personaly dont think that it would because as soon as mobil lowered there gas .05 cents less then everyone elses everyone would go back to them.

but what if there where billboards on the freeways it was on t.v newspapers etc.. then do you think people would boycott even when they are still 40 cents cheaper then everyone else but not yet under 2.00?

Old 04-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: how to lower gas prices *idea*

I dunno ... sounds good but America is pretty much infected with the "Wal-mart" syndrome. Lower prices regardless of the consequences. And ya can't blame the people -- I try to buy what's less expensive also. People are going to drive no matter what gas prices go up to. And OPEC and the oil companies know that[:@]

Old 04-26-2006, 06:36 PM

very true... i just think that maybe if we do stop buying gas from the 2 major gas suppliers then they will have to lower there prices? but the hard part would be getting people not to go back untill the price droped more then .10 cents..

Old 04-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

true, but when i get gas, i get gas anywhere. closest store on the same side of the road, ill get gas no matter the price. $0.10 for 15 gallson is only $1.50, i would rather pay that than sit in line for some gas, or drive 15 miles to get there.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:10 PM

I got one, don't know how well it will work though.....

Old 04-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

boycott gas

boycott gas

yeah, that'll work.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:17 AM

Boycotting gas really isnt the way to lower prices. The real reason prices are so high and continue to get higher is that the United States cannot refine it quick enough. There was some report that said we havent made a new refinery since like 1970 and about half the refineries have been shut down since then. So we must rely not only on foreign oil but foreign oil refining. Thats where the money is at. You want lower gas prices you need more refineries built. Problem with that is everyone advocates for more refineries, just as long they are no where near where they live.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:39 AM

One problem with this e mail i have read it too. EVERY gas station in the world is either supplied by them or the trucks that bring their gas are made by them. It is a good idea in theory but no matter who we buy gas from they will be making money the only to lower gas prices is to use public transportation or ride motorcycles or drive vehicles that get 50 miles to the gallon when they are not selling gas and making money that is when it will go down. If you dont belive me about exxon and mobile having there hand in every aspect of gas next time you see a gas truck going down the road look at the stickers on the side of the tank every one has that damn tiger wich is exxons product so were all screwed............... Damn i hate whitey

Old 04-27-2006, 01:54 AM

ok new idea... ride your bike more since it gets better milage.. how about that idea? i know it will be hard at first, mostly on those sunny warm days but we gotta do it!

Old 04-27-2006, 04:41 AM

It cost me 11.46 to fill up my tank today from almost empty. All four lights were blinkin, I think thats freakin nuts, It used to cost like 5 bucks to fill up the tank.

Like someone said, its the refineries, also with Hurrican Katrina knockin out like 4 of them didnt help the gas prices either

Quick Reply: how to lower gas prices *idea*