Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How to learn to make wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to learn to make wheelies

And don't crash youtr bike. How to do it?

Old 09-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Default RE: How to learn to make wheelies

just get running about 35mph in 2nd gear and pull the clutch in and rev it up to about 8,000rpm and slip the clutch

Old 09-13-2006, 10:35 AM

oh and i forgot, also, make sure the hospital you are in, has internet service, so you can post the story on here..

Old 09-13-2006, 10:48 AM

I can use my pda when i am in the hospital for posting.

but i repeat: how to learn without a big chance of crashing?

Old 09-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to a big lot, and run your bike at really high RPMs in 1st gear, dont redline it, this will start to pick the front end up, gets you used to the bike coming up, then you can go onto slipping the clutch.

this vid might help:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+wheelie&hl=en

Old 09-13-2006, 12:28 PM

there is no real way to tell somebody how to do it over the internet. the easiest way and probably safest but not the most realistic is to get ona wheelie machine. it is a bike that is attached to a machine via a solid axle and all you can do is go up and down. i forget the website about it but im sure somebody will post it for me. other than that just keep trying IN AN EMPTY PARKING LOT AND A FEW FRIENDS SO WHEN YOU DO HURT YOUR SELF ONLY YOU WILL GET HURT AND YOU WILL HAVE OTHER PEOPLE AROUND TO HELP YOU. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Old 09-13-2006, 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: hondadriver4life

there is no real way to tell somebody how to do it over the internet. the easiest way and probably safest but not the most realistic is to get ona wheelie machine. it is a bike that is attached to a machine via a solid axle and all you can do is go up and down. i forget the website about it but im sure somebody will post it for me. other than that just keep trying IN AN EMPTY PARKING LOT AND A FEW FRIENDS SO WHEN YOU DO HURT YOUR SELF ONLY YOU WILL GET HURT AND YOU WILL HAVE OTHER PEOPLE AROUND TO HELP YOU. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT
thats right, i remember that thing, wouldnt do alot to help the balancing, but atleast you would get used to coming up. not sure where you can actually use a wheelie machine though.

petje: just remember to use the rear brake.

Old 09-13-2006, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: petje

And don't crash youtr bike. How to do it?

I put a nice post in the How to section on "how to do an accidental wheelie" it's a great topic.

Mike

Just a question by "slip the clutch" does that mean dump it or slowly let it out from the friction zone?

Old 09-13-2006, 04:21 PM

when you slip the clutch it should be really smooth... not pull it in, rev, then let it out... you should already be on the roll when you just "rub" the clutch in a bit and right back out..... you just pull it in enough that it will gain revs, not disengaging it

Old 09-13-2006, 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: BlindLOKI

when you slip the clutch it should be really smooth... not pull it in, rev, then let it out... you should already be on the roll when you just "rub" the clutch in a bit and right back out..... you just pull it in enough that it will gain revs, not disengaging it
ive done that before, when i shifted real quick but didnt quite kick up the foot lever enough, front end comes up with power.

Quick Reply: How to learn to make wheelies