Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

how fast does it go?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how fast does it go?

Roger i cant go with ya on that one, i actually have a trunk and do get food to qo quite often.

VP thats awsome

51 thats funny also, good stories

Old 06-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: TD600

I would be honored more than be pissed... as long as he didn't do it that could put you in danger. Many people hate on these people for not knowing and saying stupid stuff...but I'd rather have that and appreciate that they like our bikes and actually try to talk to us...rather than have say... people out there that hate people on motorcycles and do things to put us in danger just because we're riding on a bike... or have these "mean muggin" cops give us dirty looks all the time... I enjoy it when people do that kind of stuff... because i understand... before i got really interested in bikes i didnt know anything and would've said the same exact things... and the headlight thing...it might be annoying but its just people trying to look out for other people. I'd rather know that there are people like that out there... than only people who hate us for being on our bike..
You have undeniable logic, but I've actually had several people argue with me over the headlight issue. I'll hit the high beam switch to show them, but they still sit there and try to argue it with me. One person even told me it was illegal...I give up on these people and now I just tell them that I'm on my way to get a new bulb now. As far as the fast food thing goes, I always get a chuckle out of that myself. Maybe if I got a Whopper Jr, I can understand the question, but when I get a value meal with a large cup full of Coke, that's when I lose it. The wheelie thing is kinda obnoxious at times. A kid yelled that to me at a stop sign the other day, and I yelled back "DO A BACKFLIP!"

TD600 is right though...I take for granted sometimes that we are living out a lot of people's dreams. I love when kids stop their parents and point at my bike. Every now and then I think back to when I was a kid and thought it was just the coolest damn thing to see somebody on a sweet ride, and now I am that dude on the bike. I love that, but I could live without the stupid interviews sometimes.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:17 AM

haha, the pirate thing was funny 51, i was at a gas station the other day and this dude said "what size is that"a 600 "oh word." yea, then he asked "how fast have you had it?" so i said as fast as it will go (on the track during a race) and he said "well how fast does it go" so i said i dont know, somewhere between 160-170, i didn't really want to look down and see during a race how fast i was going, but it was def. hitting the rev limiter.... he just shook his head in aw....

my girlfriend said "hey your headlight is out" (she loves my bike just about as much as I do)
I said, i know.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 51plymouth

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

ORIGINAL: RBrandon

My favorite has to be from an SUV with the whole family in it. Kids oohing and ahhing and then a little boy shouts "MOM! LOOK! A POWER RANGER!"
yeah i just went into CVS yesterday to get some tylenol...a little boy (like 5 or 6) just walks over and says "do you drive a race car?" lol that was pretty awesome. I told him "I wished..."
I never got that onemy favorite one ever (not bike related). I'm standing in checkout line in target, look how I normally do (tattoos, giant nose piercing, skull on my t-shirt, cutoff shortsyou get the picture). Little boy no more than six,tugs on my belt and says "Mr., are you a pirate?" I laugh and reply "Aye matey"...about that time his Mom pulled him away from me.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]thats awesome!

Old 06-26-2008, 10:52 AM

top this one headlight guys....

i pull in to one of my baseball games, i guy i know is on a HONDA CBR F4 and tells me i have a headlight out lol. even honda riders can be stupid.

i love seeing kids in awee...makes you feel good. i dont mind questions from people, as we are DOING what alot of people are WISHING they could do, but the stupid wheelie and how fast does it go ones get old. i usually dont mind telling people, as they just like to talk and look.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:22 AM

I walked into Penn station the other day with my leather jacket on and my helmet in my hand, the girl looks at me funny "Isnt it hot outside?" and I reply back "nah I'm riding my bike" (which it was 90* and humid as hell)...then when I am getting ready to leave she is cleaning by the door and goes "OH A MOTORCYCLE"

Old 06-26-2008, 02:13 PM

^ha I get weird looks too when I mention my bike and people are thinking bicycle^

The other day I had a Harley rider try to share lanes with me on a 2-lane road. He got up almost even with me and revved the engine a couple times until I looked over. Then he pointed to my bike, gave me a thumbs up and got back behind me. I was sort of pissed at first, but didn't feel so bad after I realized his intentions were good.

I do love the random people coming up to me just to tell me they are going to get a bike next month or later this summer when they have more money. It's like, "dude, why do I care if you have intentions of maybe gettinga bike."