Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How do you turn your engine off?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 03:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you turn your engine off?

Hit the kill switch and usually in neutral as I back it into a spot. All on level ground, but if parking on a slope, I leave it in first. My other answer would say that I kill the bike with the tilt switch when I dump it, but that would make it sound as if I crashed allot......just joking..

Old 06-10-2007, 03:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Hit the kill switch and usually in neutral as I back it into a spot. All on level ground, but if parking on a slope, I leave it in first. My other answer would say that I kill the bike with the tilt switch when I dump it, but that would make it sound as if I crashed allot......just joking..
You best be knockin on all kinds of wood.....

Old 06-10-2007, 04:10 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

depends where im parking but mostly i pull in to a spot with it in 1st gear , pull in the clutch, hit the kill swith, let out the clutch, put the kickstand down, turn off the ignition and finally turn and lock the handle bars.
exactly how I do it.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:55 AM

Always turn key. I can never remember to hit run/stop switch again when turning it on.

Then i crank it until it runs out of battery and blame the voltage rectifier. Yeah.... i'm hardcore.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: amaank

Always turn key. I can never remember to hit run/stop switch again when turning it on.

Then i crank it until it runs out of battery and blame the voltage rectifier. Yeah.... i'm hardcore.
I dont know about your bike but on my 2000 929 is i have the kill switch activated my bike wont even attempt to crank over just nothing happens then i deactivate the switch then my fuel pump primes .

Old 06-10-2007, 06:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull up, pop it in neutral, turn the key to lock.

Sometimes (depending on the place) I'll keep it in first.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:53 AM

I stop a little differently. When coming to a stop pull in clutch and cover rear brake. After stopped apply rear brake hard and release clutch. If the rear brakes applied the motorcycle will stop without lurching foward. If the rear brake is not applied with some decent pressure then the motorcycle will jump foward.
I don't believe that this is harmfully for the engine. If after a year and three months of stopping this way on an 06 Harley I know a Honda would be just fine lol. I always leave the motorcycle in first.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13947/08EC92851A154C409EFED1576BD3C49F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Banned

I use the key. I've left the key on a few times in my garage (lights on, dead battery)using the kickstand method.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:41 AM

I TRY TO HAVE FUN WIT IT BY ROLLIN IN FIRST WIT THE CLUTCHED PULLED IN, PUT THE KICKSTAND DOWN WHILE ROLLING AND COME TO A STOP WIT THE FRONT BRAKE THEN TRY AND LAND ON THE KICKSTAND WITOUT USING MY FEET AND JUMP OFF. BUTALOTTA TIMES ILL JUST BE ROLLING AND TURN THE KEY THEN FINALLY COME TO A STOP. ALSO ITS FUNNY WHEN U RUN INTO SEMI NEW RIDERS AND TURN THE KILLSWITCH OFF AND THEY CANT FIGURE OUT WHY THERE BIKE WONT START!I DONT KNOW IF ITS JUST ME BUT ITS FUNNY TO BE RIDIN AND COME UP BESIDES SOMEBODY AND HIT THERE KILLSWITCH, OR BE SITTING AT A STOP LIGHT AND SNEAK UP BEHIND A FRIEND AND PUSH HIS KICKSTAND DOWN FAR ENOUGH TO SET HIS KICKSTAND SENSOR OFF!

Old 06-10-2007, 11:19 AM

160mph straight into a ditch will turn your engine off pretty well, and for good!

What I do though...... neutral and key. I have insurance if someone wants to steal my bike good I'll get an '07 1krr!!!!! =D =D I live in Sussex Wisconsin and I ride a blue '06 F4i and I never lock the handlebars or leave it in gear..... incase any of you are thieves.... lol

Mike

Quick Reply: How do you turn your engine off?