Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How do you know it's...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you know it's...

I've never bought anything...nada...off of e-bay or craig's list...

Most of the time the stuff looks like junk...

But I saw this...

1998 900RR

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mcy/300363228.html

and also a 2003 ZX-7R for decent price...

How do you know these people...any ratings and such?

Old 04-07-2007, 02:37 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you know it's...

i do alot of business on craigs both buying and selling. usually i never give a phone number just a email and i talk with people before hand get an idea of the type of people im dealing with. if they seem sincere i will give them my # if they seem like a low balling time wasting jack *** i tell them to look some where else. there is no ratings you kinda just have to go by your "gut". if you think someone is shady then dont waste your time or just be extra careful ! but its not even the shady people who are the worst. its the normal joe who seem slike a nice guy who will try and rip you off the most. and just remember people are there to sell you what they dont want or need anymore. so usually no 1 is 100% up front honest. i my self try to be but have left things out here or there or told a story differently. i mean if i bought the bike for 1000 why should i tell him that when im selling it to the buyer for 2500. always bring someone with you when doing a deal, just incase things go south. i could keep going on and on about things bt there is no point. craigslist is a great place but you have to watch out for people. dont ever trust someone 100%. its the same way we ride, you have to rde like people are out to get you. good luck and i hope you have some good experiences with it