Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How do you know?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 04:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you know?

How do you know if ur jacket is too small? it fits tight everywhere and is really uncomfortable, comes a little short on my wrists and waist.

I also just got my Bohn body guard pants http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...21-BOHN-9.html in the mail yesterday. I'm not sure they fit quite right cuz if i was to slide anywhere on the ground with them on, it wouldnt prevent me from getting road rash, cuz the armors move around easily. Even if i just ride them along my kitchen wall... So i'm pretty sure either they're too big, or they aren't really ever going to prevent road rash. They're made out of lycra(think tights or underarmor) so its really stretchy.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:12 AM
Default RE: How do you know?

**shakes head***

told u that you werent a medium when i sold ya the bike lol

Old 03-06-2007, 04:55 AM

I know, but the jacket fits kinda loose, but its not long enough all around... A large is going to fit very loosely, but will cover a little more.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:17 AM

Riding jackets are supposed to be short. They should only come to about where your belt normally is. If you get pants that zipper into the jacket, it won't be a problem and keeps it in place.
As far as sleeves, I don't know. My first leather jacket's sleeves would ride up more than I liked, so I went and bought the next size jacket. Doing so caused a more loose fitting jacket, but it's good. The best way is to buy a custome fit suit, but that gets mega pricey.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:52 PM

It's really hard to say going off just a description. Put the jacket on and take a pic. I can help you after that.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:15 PM

I keep telling him goto a store and try on every brand because everyone fits different. Even if its a hike its better to know all your sizes than to guess over and over. For instance Icon im a large, joe rocket im an XL...and for the honda racing jacket im an xl..why? beats me, its just like shoes, every maker fits different.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 PM

my 2 pc suit fits tight....they arent supposed to be loose. Jackets are suppose to come to your belt. If the sleeves are too short, buy a set of "gauntlet" gloves that come up over the sleeve a few inches

Old 03-06-2007, 06:30 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: Silentalero

I keep telling him goto a store and try on every brand because everyone fits different. Even if its a hike its better to know all your sizes than to guess over and over. For instance Icon im a large, joe rocket im an XL...and for the honda racing jacket im an xl..why? beats me, its just like shoes, every maker fits different.
unfortunately, your bastard friend is right... LoL jk... you've gotta try on a bunch and find the best fit. Too short on the sleeves is no big deal until it gets cold outside and you have cold air runnning down your arms... Too short a waist is no big deal either as long as it doesn't rise halfway up your back when you're sitting on the bike. Think about it like this: when no skin is exposed you're protected until then that's just one more spot to get rash on.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take the pix and let tahoe see!
don't worry about sleeves too short...shouldn't matter if you have the full racing gloves...the ones you SHOULD be wearing...as previously stated.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 PM

yea the sleeve thing isnt the bad. Gauntlet gloves can easily cover that.