Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: How do you get to blind date
Bike
83.33%
Car
16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

How do you go to blind date

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013 | 09:52 PM
|
August 2011 ROTM
Default How do you go to blind date

If you ever have blind date, how do you get there? bike or car

I will go on my bike. That way he can't offer to drop me or follow me to home while I am driving car. Plus if he likes me with my flat helmet hair, and sweat running down on my face, that is a good sign. lol

Old 07-30-2013 | 10:32 PM

Bike. If things get twitchy your gloves add power to your punches while helmet and jacket provide protection.

And if you really want to end the date early, pull on your helmet halfway thru dinner and eat the rest of the meal thru the open visor

Old 07-30-2013 | 10:33 PM
|
August 2011 ROTM

hahaha, I will start wearing my bandana if I want to leave early

Old 07-30-2013 | 10:43 PM
|
August 2011 ROTM

Another question is.. if you don't ride bike, will you be intimidated if she came on the bike?

Old 07-31-2013 | 03:35 PM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

I wouldn't be intimidated....

Look at it this way, better to find that out early on. If the dude can't cope with you riding a bike, then best to just move on.

Old 07-31-2013 | 03:52 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM

If you show up on a bike, it only makes you hotter! I think anyway.
I'd take the car, unless it's a motorcycle event. Having your bike and gear there makes for more baggage and more sensitivity to parking/security of the bike instead of focusing on the safety of you.

If you feel like there is a potential for a bad situation, do go at all. Any offers that make you uncomfortable, say "no."

Old 07-31-2013 | 05:12 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

I'd take the car, but that's so I could wear shorts and flip flops, and I'd be expecting to pick her up. If you want to take a walk and get an ice cream after dinner or something - it'll be a pain in heavy boots, jeans, and jacket (I assume you'd keep the helmet on your bike with your gloves in the tail).

I don't know you personally Yum, but my only real passion or hobby in life is bikes. So it'd come up one way or another in conversation over dinner. It's part of me, and if my date had ever vocalized a problem with that, I'd have a good time, pay, and show her a nice evening, but that'd be the end of it. But I wouldn't need to ride my bike to the date in order to have it come up.

Unless he's another rider or it's a bike event (like Demon mentioned), I'd take the car so you can focus on the date. If he can't stand bikes, you can choose to not go on a 2nd date.

I don't know, I haven't been on a date in years, so who am I to advise. Do whatever you'd naturally do, I guess.

Old 07-31-2013 | 06:00 PM
|
August 2011 ROTM

i usually pick Starbucks by my house if I am meeting someone for the first time. So I am not really expecting to spend intense long time with anybody. We can talk for hour or two if we hit it off. If not, we can just end it quick. Dinner and walk etc can come after the first one.

My #1 passion is riding too. So yeah, if he has problem with me going on the ride with my guy friends on weekends, then I don't need him. lol

So far, whenever I went to meet up with someone for the first time, I went on my bike. There were guys who ride too. But I just didn't like them for dating purpose

Old 07-31-2013 | 08:20 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

Well, if that's the case - That's different then. I change my vote. If you're just going to meet at a coffee shop for an hour or so, then totally - ride. Especially if that's what you'd do normally.

Old 08-01-2013 | 04:24 PM

I agree with both of Conrice's posts.

If it was a more formal affair (dinner, etc) then the bike and all your gear would prolly be a bit of a nuisance. If it's only coffee and casual, then have fun and take the bike.

I also agree that if riding is a big part of your life, then chances are it will come up in conversation sooner or later so it's not really necessary to show up on a bike to make the point.

As for being intimidated by a girl showing up on a bike, at one time I probably would have been, or at least a bit jealous. Same thing if the girl was driving a stick and I wasn't. But, I didn't drive a stick or a bike back then and I was also a lot less confident in myself than I am now.

So if he is intimidated by a girl riding a bike, then he may not be a good match for you anyway.

Although personally I wouldn't go on a blind date at all, the last one I went on was pretty much one of those dating horror stories haha.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: How do you go to blind date