Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

how do u tell another rider....???

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how do u tell another rider....???

I am going to threadjack for a moment...Ebinz, your avatar is messing me up. I keep thinking QB420 has posted, because you guys are using the same avatar.

*Poof*

back to prior topic...

Old 10-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I don't run into this all too often, but the last time I didwas when me and a few buddies from work went and rode up in the mountains. I was leading the ride, and one guy with a GSX-R 750 was right behind me waaaaay too close for my comfort zone. First time we stopped to take a break I simply told him he needed to get off my *** and give me some space. He apologized and said he would, and we went the rest of the day with no issues

Side by side riding.... cannot stand it!!! I don't mind somebody IN MY GROUP passing me in the same lane as long as they don't go flying by me... that I don't care too much about. But when people just ride right next to me and stay there.... AHHHHH!!! It's bad enough when people in my own group go it, but what really gets me is when total strangers do it. I turn into a dick real fast when people do that. I was passing a group of cruisers once, not going too much faster than them. It was me and another guy with me on an R6 riding staggered, passing this other group, and the lead on on a goldwing just changes lanes and moves over right next to me. I about popped a blood vessel cuz he was pissing me off so bad. I sped up just a little bit then just moved to the dead center of the lane, so if he wanted to ride next to me he'd be right on the line. Idiot couldn't take a hint. My buddy behind me said the other people in the group were just shaking their heads at him, hahaha

Old 10-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, for some reason goldwings have this attitude about them I think, lol, was riding with my friend one day, him on his ninja 500, and we got to a stop light, neither of us sped off cuz my friend was behind us in a car, but the guy in the goldwings pulled off faster-ish (whatever you want to call a goldwing getting off the line, lol) I caught up and passed for a little just to show him who had what, but layed off to rejoin my friends.

But my friend and I always ride staggered, the lead choses the side he wants and the other follows suit. We'll wave each other by every now and then to just relax in the follow position, but other than that, we stay in formation. We'll share the lane at lights, but I dont do that with any other riders, only ones I know.