Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

how do i break of a friendship?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009 | 06:11 PM
|
Default how do i break of a friendship?

hey guyz im going through a lot of crap these days. all at once it seems. the thing i wanna deal with like now is my friend/crush/ex-love. idk i used to like her a lot even mabe loved her but she will never be anything but a firend. as her being my friend its got me into so **** i would of rathered not gone throgh. she aint a bad friend always been there and stuff and i knowned her a wile and i just wanna stop talking to her. i made my mind up after thinking a lot. she the one who txt me and calls me. she think im her friend but im not and i told her that. idk some help here. dont wanna hurt her.

Old 02-13-2009 | 06:17 PM

There's NO WAY you can talk to her and not hurt her feelings. Just say what you have to say and bring some ear plugs.

And remember. You're the *******. It will always be that way.

Old 02-13-2009 | 07:21 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

We are all going through alot of crap. lol
I am just like that because i have had a situation just like that today...

I have heard that an ex love saying "lets just be friends" is like your dog dying and your mom saying: "you can still keep it."

stop the torture for both of you and cut all ties.

Old 02-13-2009 | 07:28 PM

Talk to her the way you type and she'll leave, or give her the donkey punch.

Old 02-13-2009 | 07:56 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

yah, yah, you want to keep that "back-up" booty call around but the catch is the emotional crapola.
I have been there.
Lose the crutch and you will find some running shoes.

Don't give her tha donkey punch. It will either make her want more or end you up in jail.
Trust me. I know.

Old 02-13-2009 | 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by DDCavi
Talk to her the way you type and she'll leave
OMG LMAO I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like you're going to have to break all ties man but be sure that the **** isn't worth it first.

Old 02-14-2009 | 01:17 AM

man, good friends that you can rely on are hard to find. I wouldnt severe all ties with her. I would just respond less to her. She'll get the idea sooner or later, then, if you decide later on that shes not so bad, you will be able to rekindle the friendship. You can always say you were very busy... or some other BS.

The point is, if you severe your relationship..... its over. It doesnt matter if later on down the road you feel like you need someone to talk to... she wont be there.

What's so bad about her? If she's really more trouble than she's worth, then go ahead and dump her as your friend. But just make sure your not dumping her because of your current state of mind dealing with all of your other BS in life. Make sure its for the right reasons.

If there is a reason that being her friend is comprimising your other relationships, then it might be a good reason and she should understand that.

But I agree with others, there really wont be anyway to not hurt her feelings. If she was an ex-love, she should understand why you feel you can't be her friend, or at least, such a close one. Just tell her you need your space, she really should understand. But then again, most women dont. If she is an ex-love because she wanted it that way, then it will probably make her want you more.. so it may backfire a bit. If shes an ex-love because you wanted it that way, she will more than likely accept it and move on.

Old 02-14-2009 | 01:36 AM
|

thanks for all the feedback. yea she kind of told me she only wanted to be friends a wile back. i need to find the moment to tell her. i hope she understands. thanks.

Originally Posted by DDCavi
Talk to her the way you type and she'll leave, or give her the donkey punch.
i do... no lock.

Old 02-14-2009 | 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by james007torres24

i do... no lock.
I think justasquid said it best

Old 02-14-2009 | 03:28 PM

just quite talking to her. plain and simple. no need for an explination. after you dont call her back a few times, she will get the hint and go away for a while.

then you will see her out one a year or so from now, and you guys will catch up and you will make up some silly excuse why you didnt call her, like you just really needed your space. then you will have a couple of drinks and bump uglies.

dont be dragging crap out and feeling like you need to be all touchy feely and you owe her something. just simply stop talking to her. done. nobody gets there feelings hurt, she will inherently understand your looking for distance, and then things wont be so stressed if and when you see her around.

Quick Reply: how do i break of a friendship?