Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

how cute. mac still trying to run windows.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: how cute. mac still trying to run windows.

They switched over to Intel for the same reason that I started running Opteron's in quad proc servers for virtualization. As things change and progress we have to be able to adapt. That's what they did.

You step back and look at what you have, and where you want to be. If they don't match up you go with the proper solution. The PowerPC chip was not made by Apple, and Apple couldn't control features and specs. Learn about things before you vocalize about them, otherwise you end up looking stupid.

As for the CrapVista comment, maybe you should learn how to use it before you bash it. I've been part of the team since the early Alpha's 5 years ago. It's an amazing OS but hey, if you can't handle it XP will be around for a long time to come.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apple doesn't own Intel so how do they tell Intel what they can and cannot do? Does microsoft tell AMD or Intel, this is what we want so make me a chip? I have no idea how any of that works (which i just read theykinda do work hand in hand)but that makes it sound like chip manufacturers are controlled by a few companies rather than being independent but then how could thye be so rich?

Old 06-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it dose not matter for what reson adapting or not they still did switch over. and they used those chips on there own. yea and like some one 2 said microsoft does not controll specs on cpu`s ether so u can really use that as a excuse so there is no paint to that.

and also a vistacarp comment. vista is crap, right now tho. who knows maby they can fix the little things to make it a good os. and more apps being able to run on vista. i have bual boot and got vista and xp but i find myself using xp most if not all the time. its not about using vista its about it working when u want it to work. zone alarm just came out with a vista version. god it a firewall it should of been out a long time ago.

vista and drivers = hell

Old 06-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mac's are just made for Video/Audio editing, couple that with a bulletproof os and they kinda rock. Also they only load up the bare minimum required to do a job, instead of loading everything on god's green earth just IN CASE you need it.
Do I have one? Nope.
I hate the way they work, EXCEPT on audio/video editing. They are freaking amazing there.
my 2 cents