Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How bad would it be....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How bad would it be....

ORIGINAL: soccer13pro2007

We'll see how it goes, honestly they probably wont like the idea so there's probably no point to it, but you never know
Either way, when I actually have money (and not just trying to trade my bike off for a newer/more powerful one, lol) I WILL own a 1kRR
i'll take 2 of those.. and wouldnt mind having an RC-51, but I do admit id love to open my garage and see a ZX-10R sitting there.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:59 AM

Havoc, what I am saying is just to be careful. This could be an ex-track bike or have been repaired after an accident. $3000 seems very inexpensive for the bike. If you are confident in your ability to inspect it then go ahead.
A friend of mine got a "deal" on a literbike that turned out to be an ex track bike. It sounded good, lots of power. When it came time to do an oil change it seemed like there was more than the specified amount in the bike. It was overfilled on purpose...That was all that was keeping the oil light from coming on and giving away the severly worn oil pump.
It had new plastic, covering the bent subframe and other concealed damage.
It took a lot of money to put the bike right before he could use it.
Now this may not be the case in this instance,however a close look in necessary.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:03 AM

ORIGINAL: ebinz88cane

i'll take 2 of those.. and wouldnt mind having an RC-51, but I do admit id love to open my garage and see a ZX-10R sitting there.
I'm not gonna lie, the ninjas are nice, but I've owned and played Yama instruments, driven their motors, etc. and I trust their quality a lot, and the yamas are always turning in better numbers than the kawis, not that that means anything to the everyday commuter, but it's the principle, haha. Plus as far as sitting goes, I love the feel of the R1 more than the 10-r. Like I said before, maybe it's just me but the 6-r/10-r's are so bulky looking. Then the whole drab color scheme options just kills the rest.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:11 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I say do it if you can Soccer. I used to roll an r1, they are decent bikes.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:12 AM

i rode my friends 2005 zx-6r and it's nice. which he is selling cause he wants to geta new zx-10.i've never ridden, but have sat on this chicks yamaha we used to hang out with. that bike was a POS. uncomfortable. if i ever strayed away from hondas i would probably go kawasaki also, but i do like the way the older gsxrs' look just not a fan of the cyclops headlights on the new ones.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If an R1 floats your boat, then go for it. Its funny though, peoples reactions for Yammies & Suzuki's, I've owned all of the Japanese brands (including Bridgestone's) & never really had any worries with any of them, except for a 250 that blew fuses & regularly frayed its clutch cable, a Honda by the way, but eventually I sorted out wot was causing both problems & it just went down to the shop that put it together out of the crate, being slack bastards. The European bikes I've owned, now thats a different matter entirely.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:46 AM

ORIGINAL: soccer13pro2007

ORIGINAL: ebinz88cane

I'm not gonna lie, the ninjas are nice, but I've owned and played Yama instruments, driven their motors, etc. and I trust their quality a lot, and the yamas are always turning in better numbers than the kawis, not that that means anything to the everyday commuter, but it's the principle, haha. Plus as far as sitting goes, I love the feel of the R1 more than the 10-r. Like I said before, maybe it's just me but the 6-r/10-r's are so bulky looking. Then the whole drab color scheme options just kills the rest.
hey different strokes for different folks, As you can tell im not a Yamaha fan. I have a buddy that has an R1 and wont ride anything else. so what can ya say. if its a decent bike go for it, ya know. Hopefully dude is down, he might be selling because he needs the $$ Never hurts to lay the offer down.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:09 AM

If you get it you will be banned from the forum! JK. I say go for it if they do. I rode my buddies R6 it seemed nice. never rode a R1, but I dont think quality would go down from a R6.

Keep us posted

Old 10-18-2008, 08:46 AM

SONUVA
Lol, it just had to happen
Whoever wrote the add, they were a damn good scammer, but the reply email was all I needed. Not gonna happen, the whole "I don't live there currently" blah blah blah BS. I seriously read the first 3 words of their email and flags went up.

Oh well, lesson learned, even the best can be bad

Old 10-18-2008, 10:26 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: thrasher572

Havoc, what I am saying is just to be careful. This could be an ex-track bike or have been repaired after an accident. $3000 seems very inexpensive for the bike. If you are confident in your ability to inspect it then go ahead.
A friend of mine got a "deal" on a literbike that turned out to be an ex track bike. It sounded good, lots of power. When it came time to do an oil change it seemed like there was more than the specified amount in the bike. It was overfilled on purpose...That was all that was keeping the oil light from coming on and giving away the severly worn oil pump.
It had new plastic, covering the bent subframe and other concealed damage.
It took a lot of money to put the bike right before he could use it.
Now this may not be the case in this instance,however a close look in necessary.
Sounds more like a ex-stunters bike always up on one.