Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How Addicted are You??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Addicted are You??

Having had my bike for a few months now I can't imagine life without it. When I'm not riding, I'm thinking about riding, or constantly looking to scrounge time here and there to get a quick blast in during a busy day. With any type of sickness there are symptoms and mine are the following...

1) I sometimes find myself out in the garage, just looking at it from every angle and swiping off imaginary dust here and there.

2) Since pick-up of my bike my truck feels neglected and lonely, with only 100 miles put on it within the last two months.

3) There's a stack of sportbike magazines in my bathroom and I'm seriously considering installing a LCD TV with cable hookup so I can watch Speed TV in there.

4) When your wife/GF asked where you've been all day and you tell her you've been out with another woman she replies, "Bull$hit!, you've got grease on your hands and a $hit-eating grin on your face..you've been riding all day haven't you?"

5) Like a old-time cowboy you're loath to get off your bike for any reason. You remain in the saddle while pumping gas and goose-step the bike forward in neutral to reach for the paper towels to wipe off fuel splash.

6) When its a beautiful day and you see someone rocket past you get this lump in your throat, feel like the kid left behind while your older brother and friends go out to play, and desperately wish the workday would just get over with.

7) You are on the highway, with a gorgeous stretch of open road as far as the eye can see ahead of you...then fume when some guy in a ratty old Volvo doing 56/55mph zone changes lanes in front of you, showing no inclination to move back over anytime soon. You fume and want to scream at him, "HEY! Can't you see I'm trying to ride here!"

8) You almost orgasm the first time you ever ride side by side with another sportbike, after hearing the sound of dual engines/exhausts putting out a high-pitched whine.

9) You tire of the frequent phone conversations with the above mentioned wife/GF, where you hear the incessant, "Its funny you were too busy to see me today but somehow found the time to go out riding"

10) Your math ability is barely enough to balance a checkbook but you can memorize the performance stats for anything on two wheels and is made by Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, etc.

11) You can't be bothered to budget or plan expenses but its amazing how you instantly become an Price Waterhouse accountant when it involves finding room for a $9000 loan with low APR financing.

12) You're riding along and another bike passes you, with a ponytail hanging out from under the rider's helmet, the body is unmistakably feminine, and you fall utterly in love. You find yourself drooling as you notice she's wearing leather Alpinestar riding pants and a black thong is peeking out.

13) Its zero degrees outside and you STILL go out for a spin. When a soccer mom in the parking lot asks you if you're crazy you reply, "Well, you can't feel the cold due to numbness after the first ten minutes anyway"

Can anyone else here relate or have anything to add?

Old 04-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Default RE: How Addicted are You??

I only agree with the first 13.... Nice.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you must be able to read minds

Old 04-04-2006, 05:51 PM

#6 is awesome!

Old 04-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

especially when your bike is out of commision in pieces on the floor of your garage

Old 04-04-2006, 06:35 PM

i like number 4, but there all good!

Old 04-04-2006, 08:46 PM

I dont know about you guys but since i got my bike i know the weekly forecast before anyone else i work with. My cubical looks like it was sponsored by honda... But most others i can relate too

Old 04-04-2006, 09:33 PM

For sure a hundred percent. I remember when i lived up north. The fridged up north. i would leave for work in my jeep when there was snow on the ground walk through the garage and instantly be sad and all day i would think about that first day i could ride. so that first beautifull sunny day although it may be only fourty or so there is minimal snow. although freezing my *** off its still a glorious ride. Living in florida is great now, no cold and my jeep bairly gets driven. boy does that save gas.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:40 PM

I can relate to #1 the most...that's why I got a california car duster - the small one.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:01 PM

That **** needs to be published. Somebody send it to a magazine quick!

Quick Reply: How Addicted are You??