Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

horrible weekend fml

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horrible weekend fml

Well last Saturday I had some friends over and some beer. We replaced my fork seals and changed my oil. The last two things needed to say my bike was completely finished from the jackass who ran it over a few months ago. Yes he ran it over one month after I bought and and I have been fixing it ever since.

So after we fixed her up my buddy Hawlik and I decide to go on a little ride. It feels great everything I love about motorcycles. We make a small turn onto a side road to make some minor adjustments to our gear change the song on my phone and we pull back out onto the highway for more riding. Thats the last thing I remember.

The next thing I know I'm in the hospital horrible pain and everyone is around me looking down. Apparently we had driven a little more and was about to make another right turn when this young girl in a toyota corolla goin about 80 didnt see me slow down or hit my blinker and hit me as I'm goin about 10.

So now its Thursday and I am still in the hospital my leg was broken in half and now has a plate and about evelenty billion staples in it. My skull is fractured which is causing blood to drain into my left ear leaving me with no hearing in it. road rash on my back somehow. and my ribs feel like i just let frank myr kick em for a few hours.

I dont know if i am going to get another bike. i really want one but this tells me there are some things you really have no control over. i guess we all know that already but there is nothing i could have done to prevent that accident. i just dont know. im going to give it some time and ill decide after im all fixed up but i really do love riding i just have a kid and wife to think about also.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:08 AM

Heal fast brother. It always sucks when something beyond your control impacts you so seriously, but the key phrase there was "beyond your control". We all accept the same risk when we throw a leg over a bike.
Take the time to let your body heal. Worry about getting back on later.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:23 PM

Wow - I wish you the best.....

If it is any concelation my Brother broke his leg in half (both bones) in April, and he is walking around with no problems. It will go by fast.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:26 PM

damn dude... speechless... get better soon

Old 07-01-2010, 02:34 PM

my condolences brother. i hope for the best for you and a speedy recovery!

did she hit you from behind or what? did she keep driving afterwards?

Old 07-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

hope you heal up fast but take as much time as you need.. only things worse then being injured is healing up ****ty and having to deal with permenant damage.

and everyone goes down one way or another, give it some time and decide then no need to make such life altering changes while under the influence haha

Old 07-01-2010, 03:27 PM

Not to sound like a d!ck in any way, its actually the opposite; but i would give up riding. if your bike is still salvageable i would rebuild it and sell it. i have YET to be in a serious accident, but if and when that time comes im done. not becuz im scared to ride anymore but this lil f*ckers (<---motorcycle) aint worth it. i got kids and a wife....ive survived 2 deployments, which is probably why i lack the want or need to ride anymore..... in my personal opinion a motorcycle is a recreational vehicle not a daily driver.....i would def. get rid of the bike if i needed a car, its just since less to be dependent on a motorcycle as ur means of transportation. let the bike go and invest some where else. there are many other things that can and will become a passion over bikes.....if that was the only thing that could fufil passion then everybody would have one.....good luck on the recovery....

MODS: seriously? can we please get this cursin ban lifter? we are all adults here.....my conversations involve many curse words per sentence just like most soldiers.....can we be adults here???

Old 07-01-2010, 03:58 PM

What happened with the girl who hit you? Did she stop? Pressing charges? Maybe you can get a nice insurance check and buy a 848 Ducati Dark if you do decide to get back on.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:23 PM

Wow, that is insane...always in the back of my mind. Yes seriously, what happened to her? That is very serious. pimpncbr954s, that is funny I just ETS'ed June 25. I only really cussed when I had the uniform on...very funny though....**** haha

BUT Seriously F4ISmurf get better!

Don't worry about riding, worry about getting better.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lowridese
Wow, that is insane...always in the back of my mind. Yes seriously, what happened to her? That is very serious. pimpncbr954s, that is funny I just ETS'ed June 25. I only really cussed when I had the uniform on...very funny though....**** haha

BUT Seriously F4ISmurf get better!

Don't worry about riding, worry about getting better.
You gotta curse.......its a stress reliever when ur in uniform. Hell its a stress reliever period!

Quick Reply: horrible weekend fml