Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

It is an honorable matter...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008 | 11:35 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Default RE: It is an honorable matter...

Dobra veche Tovarich ! Panjemajo Pa Russki ? Nyet ?
Then I'd better speak English......je prade rji ?
1 Stay in your job. Legal battles to enforce custody rights are strengthened when you have fulltime employment, and a solid home for the litle one during visits.
If you're in a well-paid job, stick with it, however hard it may be.
2 15000 US would go a long way towards a new bike or car, or even a college fund . Don't just dump the house at give-away value just to hurry the process.
Look at it this way - how long would it take for you to save 15000 bucks ?
3 Does your wife have the right to take the little one out of state on a permanent basis (legally) ?
My 2c worth, and Dos Vidanye, Tovarich !

Old 04-29-2008 | 02:01 PM
|

Aww, POOP! I feel as if my heart is being ripped out by this effing pathological c-word! Until my son was born, my life was dictated by cold-blooded strategy and ruthless tactics. Now, thanks to this angel, I know what love is and my decision-making process is commandeered by emotion. I take this as a sign that I am joining the human race. It has been a terrifying experience to open up to y'all, but y'all have inspired me with your courage. I admire and respect this forum. Voodoo and Hardcorp have my trust and so it is with great faith that I proceed with option one.

If I were a selfish-elfish I'd be rippin' across the Ukraine right now, with panniers full of travellers checks, and a leggy mountaineer named Tatiana on pillion! Instead, I'm up in here, broke as a joke in mudville, where there is no joy tonight.

"Those that have the gold make the rules."___Cicero.

Old 04-29-2008 | 02:13 PM

just wondering, but why would you need to take a leave of absense from work for 2 months? you could find a babysitter or something for him during the day while your at work. i wouldnt really move to VA if you dont want to. next thing you know your ex is gonna get another hair up her *** and wanna move to someplace else and your gonna have to follow again.

i dont have kids, do my advice is prolly ****. but i would try and get more time with the kid, like from the week after and week before school starts. and i would def stay put. no sense in moving all over the place and having to start all over. shadow1 makes some real good points as well.

Old 04-29-2008 | 02:17 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Raven
"Those that have the gold make the rules."___Cicero.
That quote changed my life just over a year ago. Life is much better now because I seem to understand it a little better. It was very frustrating for me before, life that is. Not the day to day ****, but the real stuff. The stuff real stuff is made of.

Meh I'm rambling but it's weird how different things can provoke profound enlightenment for some and off-handed rationalizations for others...

Cest la vi.

Congrats on your decision, take guts to even take a stance and stick with it. Much easier, and more common to r-u-n-n-o-f-t.

Old 04-29-2008 | 02:24 PM

i am in agreement with Voodoo and Harpcorp, work hard,a nd get though it, call you kid every day and do what you can. fly down and visit if you have to. spending $500 bucks on a flight for the weekend is much cheaper than missing 2 months of work. and you will be in a much better position financially. also dizzy has a point, couldnt you find childcare while you were working? every single parent in america does.

Old 04-29-2008 | 02:25 PM

bro, i feel you, my 2c is to fight, go with #1 its the best way to do it. not for you but for your son, its all about your boy now, hell with her, FIGHT, if she can't legaly leave the state with the boy, she will not like what happens, if she leaves the state while you have him in cust, bring her back to court for abandonment, seriously! if you get him for those two monthsand she leaves, fight like there is NO TOMORROW! its your boy, fight.

Old 04-29-2008 | 02:36 PM
|

For background on custody battle decisions, read my thread "Divorce decree amendment..help!" As to babysitting, sadly, I am all alone in this ville and I work 9p-5a, so no daycare avails. I've thought long and hard about my options and the only guiding lights are the needs of the child and y'all. I really appreciate yer input, it helps alot. Peace,G.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men and the inequities of the selfish..."___Ezekial, paraphrased by Jules Minnifield in Pulp fiction.

Old 04-29-2008 | 02:40 PM

there has got to be a place around you that can watch the kid, or even like a high school chick that needs a summer job or something. where do you live anyways?

Old 04-29-2008 | 03:04 PM

I'd vote for option #1 myself. I have two boys and while I'd go crazy if I did not see them daily I also know that if I'm not financially sound with a sound job things just get tougher with the courts and with my stress level.

Dropping everything may seem like a plan, but being stable is far better.

Old 04-30-2008 | 05:42 PM
|

I "live" in Ruidoso, New Mexico. It is a very small town in the Lincoln National Forest. It is halfway up a 12,000 ft. mountain and there are very limited possibilities, in all respects. When I moved here, I had unrealistic expectations. I really want to hate Charlottesville, Virginia, but upon investigation I have discovered that it is full of opportunities. I believe God has a plan for me and this is just part of it. What I want/need the most right now is a buyer for my cabin. That would be an answer to my prayers. Until then, I'm stuck in a rut! Peace, G.