Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

It is an honorable matter...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It is an honorable matter...

Glasnost: Either I'm cracking up, or it is the sanest thing I've ever done.
Ex-wife informs me of her intent to relocate to Virginia within 60 days (13JUN08) come hell or high water. This goes counter to all previous agreements & understanding. She'd said she would wait until she'd sold our old house and pay me the balance of my assets ($100,000.00) before she moved. Also pertinent to this case is my entitlement to custody of our 5-year-old son for the months of June & July.
Trauma= Shock, denial, rage, depression and finally, acceptance & planning.
Options:
(I) Relinquish two months of custody, let them go, stay at my job until my cabin sells, and catch up with them later. This would give me the most financial security but break my heart.

(II) Enforce custody rights, take leave-of-absence from job for June & July, spending time with son. Meanwhile Ex moves to VA. and I would drive our son out there at the end of July. I'd then return to work until my cabin sells, at which time I'd move out there.

(III) Quit job, move to VA. and hope I can somehow afford to pay the mortgage on my cabin while waiting for it to sell.

At this time I'm leaning towards the middle option (II). I spoke with my realtor and lowered the price of my cabin by $15,000.00 (to $105,000.00). I also contacted a couple of apartment buildings in VA. to have them send me information packets.

I dunno what I'm gonna do, but I've only got my sons' interests at heart.

The good news is that I saved $250.00 per month on motorcycle insurance by switching to Allstate!

Dasvidanya, Mujeets.

"Life's a journey, not a destination."

Old 04-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Default RE: It is an honorable matter...

that sux man.
my parents got divorced and i didnt get to see mydad for a while. it sucked really bad.
i was like 2 at the time but i remember it.
but also, it just makes me mad that my mom did that, i know it wasnt my dads fault.
id say option 2 also.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:31 PM

HOLY ****, you SAVED 250/month???!?!
What WAS it?
I'm at 29.05/month and im 19 years old.
And go with II

Old 04-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Banned

Very sorry to hear it. Things will get worse for a little, then get better. Hang in there.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

option two brother, i have two boys and cant imagine being without them for any amount of time. good luck man, hang in there, things will pan out for you.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Retired Moderator

Gray,
I have to suggest you go with the first option. I know that your life revolves around your son, but you HAVE to be in good place financially in order to move and take care of the business that directly effects your son. If you stop working, you will not have the means to move, will you? If you have no job, will you be able to provide food and such while you have him? Of course I am assuming that your wife will not have sold your house and you wouldn't have the money owed you. Sometimes doing the proper thing hurts. Sometimes the things that help you on the short term are not good for the long term. Think about this thing from 30,000 feet instead of ground level. I think you will know what you need to do.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:18 PM

yea i said option 2 assuming u have the money to do so.
anyone who is owed 100,000 dollars is usually pretty well off whenit comes to money.
so i say2, if u can realistically do that

Old 04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Gray, I must agree with Chris on this one. I realize it is truly the hardest of all your options, but will be the most beneficial and I personally know how hard it is to be separated from a son, and in my case, a wife. It makes no difference whether it is 200 miles 2000 miles or half a world away. It doesn't make it any easier. Just keep focused on your long-term objective, and endeavor to persevere and as always, my brother my door is open to you. You need to do nothing more than pick up the phone and call anytime if I can be of any help at all.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:08 PM

Avoid marriage at all costs, as the church, who directly sponsors traditional marriage, is also the organization that created the devil.

Whatever your journey, I wish you the best of luck and prosperity. Whatever the outcome, be emotionally open and supportive to your son, as that is the most important. My father locked us all out emotionally when ma dukes gave him the boot, and that was awful.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:50 PM

Id say 2 whether you are financially stable or not. Think about your boy its gotta be hard enough for him that you two are divorcing not to mention your ex is moving way. the kids gotta be flipping all over the place. When my p's got divorced i was 13 and had to be man of the house. Dad was gone didnt see him for QUITE some time. im 25 now and hes spent years trying to make up for not being there. made me grow up quick though and i guess in the end things happen for a reason. The point of the story is you dont want your son to think you are abandoning him. Hes 5 you say? im sure it has been mentioned that he is going to be by daddy for that time and if it doesnt happen no matter what you tell him (hes 5) hes going to feel somewhat left to the side. Im not trying to say anyones points arent valid but thats just my 2 cents.
Best of luck bro

Quick Reply: It is an honorable matter...