Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HondaCBR gun owners. . check in

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HondaCBR gun owners. . check in

Hey hardcorp.

All the military weapons I see have plastic/fiberglass/composite (what ever it is). Do they do anything to add weight to the guns to help with accuracy and recoil? I've always been told that a heavier gun is more accurate. Of course sucks to carry a heavy weapon.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:21 PM

I own a little rifle, got it like 10 years ago.

At this point I dont know if I'm even aloud to own or purchase a rifle. I was convicted of a non violent, non drug felony 5 years ago. Havent gotten around to figuring out what the law in MD is about that. I've read both ways about it.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:07 AM

Well since you live in b-more that doesn't help you any anyways. Inside the city and even the county its almost impossible to get anything but a long gun. And even then it would be tough. Best thing to do is ask, worst they can say is no.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Hey hardcorp.

All the military weapons I see have plastic/fiberglass/composite (what ever it is). Do they do anything to add weight to the guns to help with accuracy and recoil? I've always been told that a heavier gun is more accurate. Of course sucks to carry a heavy weapon.
My AR is weighted down with about 6 pounds of buckshot in the stock for that very reason. All I use it for is target shooting. Without that weight its all over the place.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Hey hardcorp.

All weight does is add stability to the weapon, therefore, lessening the human error of performance. Of course we are all human and not robots, so the way we hold, steady and aim a weapon is different, but, a heavier weapon in a solid rest is much more accurate than a light rifle in the off-hand. I have some point and shoot rifles that are great out to 100-150 or so, a particular model 94 comes to mind, but also, have a super heavy 16lb varminter in .220 swift that is a beast to carry around, with a full custom lija barrel, leupold 32X BR and McMillan stock, you damn near don't want to carry that thing to the truck, let alone in the feild, but it's at home on a set of shooting sticks or a bench, easily holds .2's and .3's for 5 shots at 100 and still .7's, .8's at 200. That rifle pushes a Berger VLD at over 4,000FPS and absolutely vaporizes mammals heads at 400yds. Heavier is more accurate because it takes away fromthe shooters "you" error. The extra weight makes it tougher for you to screw up the micro second move that could pull a shot one way or another, as opposed to a light weight, you can breath funny and move that all over the place.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:53 AM

i just finished my ar-15!!!! now im going to build another upper for it this thing is awsome, cant wait to get it out to the range next week.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

I found the old thread and you've been holding out on us

Old 11-22-2008, 09:57 PM

I know right what is the handgun up top ? A Walther ?

Old 11-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This one ... ruger22. Probably the best plinking pistol ever made.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:18 AM

Benelli M2 Tactical 12ga... this baby gives me a boner.. If anyone was wondering what to get me for xmas, its only a mere $1,200+ USD

Quick Reply: HondaCBR gun owners. . check in