Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Honda Hoot?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Hoot?

I just got the information on the Honda Hoot and wondering if it is worth going and some information on it. Is anyone else going? Who has gone in the past? Is it worth joining the HRCA?

Thanks,
Hondakid

Old 01-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Default RE: Honda Hoot?

Never been to the hoot, but I think the HRCA is worth joining. I've never had to use their services, but I go on longer trips and just knowing I can get towing if something happens or I take a spill makes it worth while to me. Plus their monthly rag is fun to read every once in a while. If you bought your bike new, you should've received 1 years free membership.

As for the hoot, from everything I've seen and/or read about it, it's geared more towards tourers? Anyone else actually been to one and can confirm or deny that?

Old 01-19-2007, 09:38 AM

I went to the Hoot when it was in Ashville NC and had a blast !! 14 thousands Metric bikes of all types and sizes!! They do a great job setting up killer events in some surreal locations,have convention with bike expo all types of rides you can sign up for and many specifically for sport bikes throught the twisties!!! All in all if your close to Knoxville TN I'd highly reccomend going at least once.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:30 AM

I did not buy my bike new, but I think that the service is worth having since I do have an older bike and you never know what will happen. As for the Hoot I may have to go up and join in on the meet. If anyone else is going from Flordia or Georgia and such please let me know. I think I will join the club. It beats the $135 dues for another club I'm part of.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:55 PM

Thanks gearhead! You make it sound very interesting. I may have to give it a shot one of these years.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:50 PM

I went up on my old 1000f with my ex (two up)we had the best time!!! Well I did welogged about 600 miles infour days I think her Butt got sore but thats alot of riding since we trailered the bike !! I look foward to taking my 1kRR don't know if I'm going to go this year though !!

Does anyone know the dates of the event????????

Old 01-20-2007, 09:09 AM

Here is the full schedule of events:

http://www.hondahoot.com/schedule.aspx?bhcp=1

Old 01-20-2007, 09:24 AM

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]Thanks OldFatGuy!!! People should consider that most of the rides are prepay and the more popular ones could have limited openings !!So if any are considering this sign up quick it WILL be packed full of people!!

Old 01-20-2007, 10:17 AM

And obviously Knoxville is a great area to ride no matter if you're on one of the scheduled rides or just decide to go on your own.

Heck, it's only 50 miles to the beginning of the Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap!

Damn you gearhead!!! Now you got me thinking about trying it out this year!

Old 01-20-2007, 08:08 PM

If I 'm not mistaken there is a group (may not be one of the listed rides) that goes through the dragon!! But there are many manyBETTER roads thanUS 129 Deals Gap close by!!! Trucks, cruisers, tourists and aggravated speeding tickets upwards of 500 bucks keeps its speed under 40 mph!! There are some roads in the Smokies that are much better !!

Heck OldFatGuy YOU got me thinkin!!!!! lol !!! Maybe some of us could hook up !! That would be sweet!! Its about 11 hours from in Raleigh !! How bout you all ???

Quick Reply: Honda Hoot?