Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HOLY FUK'N COW....CUBS WIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOLY ***'N COW....CUBS WIN!!!

62 years since aWorld Series apperance, 99 years since winning it.....Playoff time on Weds. I know most will say they dont have chance in the post season....I dont give a ****, they are closer in the past 5 years than what most have seen before our generation. Cheers tomy fellow Cub fans on here....next year is here

Old 09-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HOLY ***'N COW....CUBS WIN!!!

Impossible.... I don't believe it[:-]

Remember, a Cub fans heart is 99% scar tissue [sm=smiley36.gif] heheh

PS I grew up around Chicago and always been a Cubs fan myself, even if they do always choke

Old 09-29-2007, 07:35 PM

Congrats to the Cubs, you should have seen downtown Cincinnati right after the game. You would have thought you were in Chicago. I might the mistake of going through downtown instead of staying on the highway, and man did I get a nice forearm workout. haha On the radio yesterday, they said that nearly all the hotels were full due to the Cubs potentially clinching this weekend, which of course you know they did!

Old 09-29-2007, 07:52 PM

Thats cool you live in Cincinati.The streets outside Wrigley were full of people and the Cubs arent evenin town. I hope Chicago PDhas plan if they ever win the World Series....Dept of Homeland Security might want to get involved. I grew up near there but the military has me in Texas. Head'n that way in 4 days though.....think'n bout take'n out second mortgage for a ticket

Old 09-30-2007, 08:57 AM

Two words for Cubs Fans
2003 Bartman

You dont get any closer to the dannce than 3-1....they blew it that year....Im a Yankees fan and i know all about heartache....2001 2003 2004 2005 2006..it doesnt hurt for long.....LOL....

At least we wont have to listen to Ozzie Guillen and AJ Pierzynski runs their traps this post season what did they finish like 25 back....

Old 09-30-2007, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

At least we wont have to listen to Ozzie Guillen and AJ Pierzynski runs their traps this post season what did they finish like 25 back....
Amen.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:41 PM

Congrats to the Cubs. I'm from Chicago but I'm not a cubs fan (don't follow baseball) which is kind of a shame since the Bears are killing me.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:22 AM

Dont get me started on the Bears!!! They cost me a 5th of Jim Beam last week against the Cowgirls....the bet was that Dallas would score 27pts and I said HELL NO!!! Not IN Chicago agaisnt the Bears Defense.....the score was 3-3 at the half, I thought I had that bet LOCKED!!! And then Dallas scores 31 POINTS in the 2nd half!!!! Freak'n kill'n me!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: NextYearCubFan

Dont get me started on the Bears!!! They cost me a 5th of Jim Beam last week against the Cowgirls....the bet was that Dallas would score 27pts and I said HELL NO!!! Not IN Chicago agaisnt the Bears Defense.....the score was 3-3 at the half, I thought I had that bet LOCKED!!! And then Dallas scores 31 POINTS in the 2nd half!!!! Freak'n kill'n me!!!
We've had some tough years lately and this one is gonna be pretty bad I think.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:41 AM

Im not sure if "bad" descibes what were in for....Talked to my mom (huge Bears fan too) yesterday and she said Detroit and Bears set an NFL record for most combined points scored in the 4th.....Lions scored 34 and the bears scored 14......in the 4th quarter alone!!! I thought the Bears 'D' was all that, but apparentley not this year. I'll take a Cubs playoff spot over anything at this point You ready fot the snow to start fly'n???? IL weather is like a box of chocolates....you never know what youre gonna get

Quick Reply: HOLY FUK'N COW....CUBS WIN!!!