Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HOCKEY FANS - Who do you like in the Eastern Conference???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOCKEY FANS - Who do you like in the Eastern Conference???

Being a Pittsburgh native and resident and lifelong Penguins fan, my choice is obvious and realistic this year...This is no early 90's Stanley Cup champ team we got here, but they are better than our 2001 team that made it to the Eastern Conference finals and dropped to the Devils.

While I'm on this topic, I'd also like to make mention of what a waste of talent Marian Hossa is. I seemed to be the only naysayer when that deal went down, but he was never worth Colby Armstrong and Erik Christensen, 2 young developing players that are undoubtedly going places. Western Conference fans, please feel free to start a West thread, but lets keep it on the East here...

Old 04-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Default RE: HOCKEY FANS - Who do you like in the Eastern Conference???

That would be noone in there. Its the Wings mang, its the Wings!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 PM

Well, even though its a "eastern confrence" hockey thread I thought I would show some love.

Seeing how I from So. Cal I gotta represent the Ducks baby! (No Im not jumping the band wagon.)

Old 04-13-2008, 11:57 PM

I'm not sure what you mean, by like? However, I like to see Washington get to the next level, but they will be punished by Philly, I see Washington like Pittsburg last year. Realistically, i believe, it'll be Pittsburg in the end.
Being a Leaf fan, I hope you destroy the Sens.

If it is Philly and Pittsburg in the next round...I'm all for that too. It'll be extremely entertaining!

My boys out here in the West are having some sort of relapse....The Ducks and Sharks.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:57 AM

At the begining of the year my bet would have been on the Sens coming out of the East but now I got to go with your Pens. The only question is M.A. Fleury he's got all the talent in the world he's just got to put it together at the pro level. The west will win it this year ( watch out for the Flames )

Old 04-14-2008, 07:39 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: bradlb

At the begining of the year my bet would have been on the Sens coming out of the East but now I got to go with your Pens. The only question is M.A. Fleury he's got all the talent in the world he's just got to put it together at the pro level. The west will win it this year ( watch out for the Flames )
I gotta agree, but on the same token you can't discount his shutout performance in game 1. He's been playing some top-notch hockey since he came back from the IR. Still, I am highly disappointed with the decision to make him the full-time starter after what Ty Conklin did for the Penguins. We are where we are at because of Ty Conklin and Evgeni Malkin. I'd say mix it up in the playoffs and swap goaltenders every 2 or 3 games to mess with the opposing team. They figured out how to beat Fluery, now let them figure out how to beat Conk.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:22 AM

did anyone see the calgary/anaheim game last night? that was sick..

Old 04-14-2008, 11:19 AM

I'm an Oilers fan and trust me you don't want Conklin starting in the playoffs, I know he saved the season when Fleury went down but he's very streaky and you dont want him ****ting the bed like he did in the finals with the oilers. And yeah Okie that Flames comeback was awesome to watch.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

did anyone see the calgary/anaheim game last night? that was sick..

Don't you mean San Jose/Calgary???

I saw the first 5 minutes of the game when San Jose lit them up 3 times...too bad I turned it off and missed one hell of a comeback.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red Wings FTW! I hope you like octo-*****!

Quick Reply: HOCKEY FANS - Who do you like in the Eastern Conference???