Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hit A Turkey Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit A Turkey Today

My wife went to my sister's house today so I went over to pick her up (she doesn't have a drivers liscense yet[:@]) around 4 tonight in the car. We left my sisters house and she lives on a twisty road with some ups and downs so I was driveing kind of fast on it, so I was going between 65 and 70 and a damn turkey runs out in the road right in front of me. It wouldn't have been so bad if it would have kept on running, but it decided at the last second that it was going to take off and fly. STUPID F**KING BIRD I didn't have time to hit the brakes. It hit right where I look through the windshield and busted the windshield. I just got a new insurance company on Monday and I don't want it to look bad so I called A-1 glass and their coming out Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday LOL to put the new windshield in. I just got my tax return and spent that on parts for my bike and paying off some credit cards so I was finally getting ahead and now this happens, its gonna cost $270 for them to come out and put it in. I'm just glad I didn't get the bike back together until later tonight, otherwise I might have been riding it today. Just makes you realize that an animal like a turkey can do some serious damage to a car, but imagine what it would have done to a bike or the rider. Its all good though, my wife starts her new job sometime in the next week so I'll get cought up fast. She hasn't worked for more than a year, so the extra cash will be nice to have.

Be safe guys, I'll go snap some pics of the damage tomorrow when its light out.

-Jesse-

Old 03-04-2006, 01:08 AM
Default RE: Hit A Turkey Today

Damn, sorry to hear about that. Like you said atleast you weren't on your bike. Sucks about the insurance. It is amazing how an animal of that size can leave so much damage.

Everyone be safe!!!

Old 03-04-2006, 01:39 AM

Just when you have some money, some crazy **** has to happen!

Old 03-04-2006, 03:07 AM

ORIGINAL: mjflagg

LOL It seems to happen to me everytime. Last time I had any money I had to replace the tires on my car LOL and that took care of that. The part that pisses me off the most is that I was going to use the extra money and start getting stuff for my garage. I need 2 doors and they are about $250 each. So I guess thats going to be put off again At least I have the money to get it taken care of.

-Jesse-

Old 03-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So what'd ya do with the turkey or did he just flop away? Sorry to hear about that man ... that's gotta be a rare kinda thing. At least nobody was hurt. Well, except for the turkey.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:47 AM

ain't that the truth?! [:@] everytime i have "extra" money something comes up... and voila... $$ gone!!

sorry to hear about your turkey incident. so what did happen to the bird??

Old 03-04-2006, 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: cbr04

ain't that the truth?! [:@] everytime i have "extra" money something comes up... and voila... $$ gone!!

sorry to hear about your turkey incident. so what did happen to the bird??
LOL to be honest I was too pissed to even look. I just kept on driving. Its probably dead, but it takes alot to kill those stupid birds. I went to take my dogs out this morning and I looked at the front of my car and there is **** all over the hood and front bumper cover. It hit the hood and slid up and smashed the windshield. From the sound it made hitting the glass,I think its dead.

-Jesse-

Old 03-04-2006, 12:53 PM

Ok heres the damage-

Theres some nice scratches in the hood of my car and the brown is the poo. BTW how do you like my new view from the drivers seat??

And before anyone says anything I know the car is really dirty, do you think I like my bike better? I'll wash it today before they come to put the new glass in.

-Jesse-

Old 03-04-2006, 12:55 PM

Man i wanted to see pics of the dead turkey lol!

Old 03-04-2006, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Melantus

Man i wanted to see pics of the dead turkey lol!
LMAO well I can drive out to my sisters house and see if its sitting off the road somewhere if it makes you feel better LOL j/k I think I'm going to stay off that road for a while.

-Jesse-

Quick Reply: Hit A Turkey Today