Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

high beams or low beams

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009 | 01:40 AM
|
Default high beams or low beams

i was wondering what most people ride with high beams or low beams? i know it looks like your squinting with just low beams on but it also cuts down on visibility going around turns and other various places even when your in town. i turn them on when its hard to see but sometimes i just leave them on cause its sooo much easier to see. i was just wondering what everyone elses opinion was on high beams all the time or not.

Old 05-06-2009 | 06:49 AM

High beams all the time (unless there's oncoming traffic). Even during the day. You can never be noticed too much.

Old 05-06-2009 | 07:21 AM

Get you a set of HID lights. They are worth the money. I don't have to ride with my high beam on for someone to see me. Just on the low beam (i've got the 8000K set), you can see me at least half a mile away. Plus they work awesome for night curve riding. It's nearly impossible to out turn these lights. Coupled with that i've got a D&D slip on so if someone (very unlikely) can't see my headlights, they at least can hear me coming a mile away. Just my 2 cents. I am about to install HID's on all my vehicles, they're that greeeeeaaaaaatttttt!

Old 05-06-2009 | 07:55 AM

High beam all day long and even most nights. Like boost said you can never be noticed to much, if anything the high beam at night will def let other drivers know your there. They get pissed at you just blow it off cus at least they saw you which means they did hit you.

Old 05-06-2009 | 08:36 AM

What 07 and boost said... high beams all the time. When they flash their brights at me, I know they've seen me. Sounds selfish but I've been cut off and run off the road enough times to appreciate being seen.

Old 05-06-2009 | 10:52 AM

I run high beams all day. But as soon as it gets dark, I switch to low beams. I've never had an issue at night with people not being able to see me at night. In the day time, even the highs on, is another story.

I really dont see a need to run your highbeams at night all the time, other than to **** off everyone coming the other way. I run em when no other cars are coming, but when a car is coming, I turn off the high beams. I tend to wait a bit longer with my bike than I do in a car, but I still turn em off.

Old 05-06-2009 | 11:05 AM
|

i appreciate the info. im going to look into the hid's. thot bout the halos but i think they would look weird if you only had your low beams on. one side fully lit and the other side just a circle. till then ill run with my high beams on. like yall said its hard enough for them to notice us when their on the phone or just day dreamin. i will turn them off at night when a cars comin. i know i dont like getting blinded either

Old 05-06-2009 | 05:42 PM

Do people seriously get that pissed off when you ride with hi beams on? I mean personally, I don't mind when I see another bike with HIs on (when I'm in my cage) nor do I really mind when those ricers have those cheap HIDs with no cut off line. Sure, it's kind of annoying but it only takes a couple seconds for them to pass you and it's not like it's a flashbang or anything, you can still see. I've also never seen anyone else get pissed at blinding lights either. I ride with HIs on all the time and I've never had anyone get pissed at me =/ maybe it's just the area that I live in lol.

But definitely, Hi beams on all the time during the day. I love it when I'm cruising down Pacific Coast Highway and I see this tiny bright light in the distance. Then I know that a fellow rider is coming down my way and I can get ready to wave It definitely helps you get noticed a lot easier.

Old 05-06-2009 | 11:18 PM

I ride with the High beams on at ALL times! Day, night, morning, it doesn't matter. Hey I know it bothers other people on the road because my xenons are bright! but atleast im more visible and they see me coming

I did noticed once at night, stopped at a red light with a chrystler convertable in front of me the driver was looking at his driver side view mirror and blocked the mirror with his hand because my headlights were blinding him lol but atleast i got his attention. I say its safer to ride with the high beams on

Last edited by zoomin6; 05-06-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-18-2009 | 07:20 PM

I adjust my high beam down almost to match my low beam. Then I raise my low beam up a tad to match the high beam. Ride with both on all the time.

Quick Reply: high beams or low beams