Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hey Y'all!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Y'all!

Hey all you kids!
I spent the weekend riding around with my brother and some of my cousins who purchased some new motorcycles (See, twoof them have CBRs too).

The roads were twisty and clean with a lot of elevation changes. We were in here somewhere.

We had our lunch on the shores of the Mississippi with all the "Whiteys"...I think "they" thought we were going to steal something.

Then we rode some more.

When we were tired we just pulled over and took a break...With no one around for miles.

(I would have taken the CBR but threads in the tire were showing so, out came the Z 1000.)

The weather was perfect and the riding was superb. I wish you all were here.

Maybe next time.

Name:  bowingjapaneseguy.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  12.5 KB

Old 08-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hey Y'all!

Good for you, hope you had a great time, wot did you think of the 'Z'? out of curiosity.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey Y'all!

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

Good for you, hope you had a great time, wot did you think of the 'Z'? out of curiosity.
I love it.

It's not as refined and polished like most pure sportbikes and not even technoligically at par either, but, that's what makes it so endearing. It's let's you know that it's there and that you need to be aware of how you'll interface with it if you're pushingalong at a quick pace.

It's also very utlitarian with ample leg room, andnot too much crouch (so juants around town aren't a hassel).

Life is good with a Z in the garage.

Now you need to tell my wife that we need a Goldwing, Royal Enfield with a side car, and a Bimota Tornado TRE.

Will you do that for me Pace?