Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

hey guys I need some Off topic opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey guys I need some Off topic opinion

I'm looking to get a new exhaust for my 08 1000RR and to be honest the 1000 forum is kinda a dead zone most of the time and I like you guys better in here anyway "theres no blkout in here" lol

anyway i'm kinda torn between taylormade and a Jardine carbon. I have the black 08 1000RR here's some pic's what do you think?

keep in minde the Jardine is only like 450 the taylor is 899

taylormade

jardine

keep in mind the bike is black

what do you think? should i fork out the extra for the taylor since it looks pimp? or save the money and get the jardine?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: hey guys I need some Off topic opinion

what kind of sound do they have? i'd base it off that, Rojer. as far as appearance.....i'd be all over that Taylormade exhaust!

Old 11-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Registered Users

after looking at that taylor made up close, i would say go with that, it looks PIMP.....i mean really it keeps the flow of the bike real nice....granted i love the carbon fiber of the jardine...i like CF on my exhausts...not much into it elsewhere....but i can't get over how clean that taylor made looks...but that's just my opinion....since you are not going full race....if you were, i would probably go jardine as it's probably better performance, but for sheer looks and just as a slip on....the taylor made's got my vote...

LOL...jaynd you and i think alike!

Old 11-06-2008, 02:58 PM

Hmm, will that Taylor make the other side of the bike look ackward cause it will be less that additional lower fairing style add-on?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I love Jardine cans, they sound great, hold up well, and usually look very nice. That said if i had to get an exhaust for an 08, it would be Taylormade hands down, i dont think you can beat that clean look imo.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:09 PM

Sigh thats what I thought lol.. I'm pretty much sold on the Taylor even though I know I won't gain one HP out of it. but it will look so clean.. I really like the Jardine pipe too but it just looks like every other side pipe out there and I want something different that people will go "oh sweet look at that"

the sound clips on the internet tho the taylor sounds like crap but its a crap video too.. but the Jar sounds great.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

Sigh thats what I thought lol.. I'm pretty much sold on the Taylor even though I know I won't gain one HP out of it. but it will look so clean.. I really like the Jardine pipe too but it just looks like every other side pipe out there and I want something different that people will go "oh sweet look at that"

the sound clips on the internet tho the taylor sounds like crap but its a crap video too.. but the Jar sounds great.
taylor

Old 11-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rojer i wouldnt AT ALL go by sound clips of slipons online. they are so far off of the actual in person sound, its not even funny!

Old 11-06-2008, 03:31 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

Rojer i wouldnt AT ALL go by sound clips of slipons online. they are so far off of the actual in person sound, its not even funny!
Yeah I'm sure of it lol. it almost sounded stock online =p TBH I really am leaning towards the Taylor.. and my gf just got a bonus check and said she'd buy it for me but it's only a 600 dollar bonus and the exhaust is 900 lol but I can afford it, it just seems like i'd rather put that 900 towards paying off the bike then the exhaust.. I dont know.. it would look so pimp with it..

hell I need an undertail too..

grrr

WTB more .. money!

Old 11-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taylor FOR SURE!!!!!

Quick Reply: hey guys I need some Off topic opinion