Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Here's your sign!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's your sign!!!!

You ever had one of those moments...

well here's is my story...I took a ride to the Honda dealership (15 miles away) so i bought everything i needed for my 1st oil change for my bike and I was going to do it, well anyways i do everything to step and doing it good, well i so exited cause im doing it...so i remove the plug, take off the fairing, take off the oil filter and then put everything back togheter well im all exited right so then i start to put the oil in the pan right well im doing it and put all 4 quarts well then i notice that i forgot to put to put the oil draing plug back on and its already 7pm, the shop was closed, im thinking to myself [sm=icon_rtfm.gif] YOU Stupid SOB cursing to the sky and everywhere....well My baby is sitting in my driveway without oil[sm=boohoo.gif] till tomorrow when i drive the cage to the dealership.....but its ok i was proud of myself for working on my bike....

so how bout ya'll ever had that moment...

Old 04-28-2007, 05:47 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Here's your sign!!!!

what about running up to a auto store , i know ones in my area carry motorcycle oil as well . but yes ive had one of those moments... and id be lying if i meant just 1 lol but good job for working on your own bike! im sure you will learn from this mistake

Old 04-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Murphy's 1st law, "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong & at the most inconvenient time". We have all done it.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:09 PM

Oil is relatively cheap, and it's always a good idea to have an extra supply in the garage! I have 12 quarts in my garage now. Come to think of it, I have a lot of cheaper spare parts for the bike in my garage: extra set of levers, extra CCT, extra grips, windscreen, etc..

Old 04-28-2007, 01:26 PM

Yep, we all have our "DUHHHH" moments! This spring seems to have brought more than my fair share though. I swear, if I forget my kickstand and put it the bike in gear one more time - I'm going to get off the bike and kick my own ***.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my first oil change on the bike i forgot to tighten that bolt like theres no tomarrow and it popped out and im passing cars like the squid i was and my back end swings out and the bike goes sideways, oil on the tires, i almost blew it up stupid squid i was [sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif]

Old 04-28-2007, 03:58 PM

One of the first times I changed oil (on a car) half the oil ended up on my shirt and the other half was on the floor. However, that not as bad as the time this kid drained the transmission fluid on accident then filled the engine with oil. Drove out and heard the tranny grinding.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:06 PM

im just tryin to figure out how u got threw all 4 quarts without realizin that u were standing in a puddle?

Old 04-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

im just tryin to figure out how u got threw all 4 quarts without realizin that u were standing in a puddle?
good point lol

Old 04-28-2007, 06:13 PM

it had one of those things were you put you oil so it wasent runnign in the ground, it just went straight to the container, well i just got back and filled the oil and colent fluid and bout to take her for a ride...

Quick Reply: Here's your sign!!!!