Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

help with name

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with name

so im thinking of a name for my rr, wut you guys think, any funny names for yours?

[IMG]local://upfiles/16225/FE037C33E1CE4F3F989FD260A74AB647.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-27-2007, 06:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help with name

Don't know about everyone else, but I see no reason to name a vehicle (except maybe a boat). Maybe you can name it Jenny and when you get a second bike you can name it Jenny 2 and Jenny 3 and so on... Be great for the BubbaGump Shrimp Company.

I'm trying to get used to telling people that I have an "F2" and not a "'94 Honda CBR600F2".

Anyway. I call my car the Focus.

I do know someone that named their car the Silverfox, but he's a little wacked in the head.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:36 AM

Keep looking for a name, I call my bike "Bike". But I'm just practising for when I get a bit older & just have to point, smile & dribble, you know like "Food", "Drink", "Sports Channel". But all my bikes have had the same name. So when I go back through the pictures albums, with the family sitting around, I can go "bike", & they can all nod & smile, & say nice things, like "'For god sake someone wipe his face & crack a window".

Old 09-27-2007, 06:47 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545
Anyway. I call my car the Fukus.
I've named my cars. My Prelude was Ellie. My STi was Bruna (she was a lesbo ). My bike is too new to have a name yet. Go to a website that lists girl names and pick one out.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:13 AM

You'll need to be the one to think of the name. When you go to mention your bike and you have to try and remember what everyone named it, you'll understand why you should come up with the name. Might take time, but you'll find one that just fits perfict and the rest will be history.

I named my toy by things that directly relate to them. My F3 is "Skittles" because of how the plastic doesn't match.The F4i is"Widow Maker" because of the
unfortunate fate of the previous owner.
-NorthernFirepower

You should try naming a kid...that is tuff.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:21 AM

Don't worry about what we think. If you can't find a name on your own, do big deal. It has to be something fitting, though. Just like a nickname for a person. You can't force it. If the right name comes along, then you use it. I've had a lot of vehicles in my life, but have only named one. They don't all have to have a name.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Banned

I call the bike the yellow one. I call my S2000 the little one, I call my Acura Tl the big one and the corvette is the pointy one.

Maybe your bike should be called the 'speedy one'.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower
My F3 is "Skittles"
My one cat shares the same name...but that's because she is skitterish and little.

My brother used to have a clunker of a car, an old Nissan Sentra. He called it, "the roach." Symbolizing that it just won't die. I never thought twice about that name because it made sense. So, I fully agree with Madgreek. Northernfirepower's name for the bikes are dead on and seem appropriate and I wouldn't ever shirk a name like that. Then again, I think it's because there's humor behind them that makes it so appropriate. I would certainly avoid current or ex-gf names. Maybe I should name mine grape-aid. I really dislike the purple/red color scheme of my F2.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:16 AM

She looks like a Shera to me. Strong, sexy, and a little mean. or maby Cheetara? Hmmmmmm. I call mine "Mistress" cause she stole me away from all my other women and constantly threatens to hurt me............she's such a bit**

Old 09-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Retired Moderator

I named my bike Salma, but then I name everything...except my twig a berries.