Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Help Me Out Guys!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me Out Guys!

I know this is in the wrong place to for this thread but i don't think too many people look in the misc. sales. I'm in dire need to sell my baby. Its a Mapex 6 piece drum set. Look it up in the misc. things to sell. I have a broken wrist and have been out of work for a month. Even though I really hate to get rid of it I have too. If you know anyone looking for a drum kit let them know. I'll even pay for the shipping. Thanks in advance !
Shane

Old 08-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Default RE: Help Me Out Guys!

have you tried craigslist? guarentee you'll have that thing sold in 2 hours.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Send a PM to Voodoochyl - maybe he can help - (he's a bit of a muso) he he he
sorry Voodoo[X(]

Old 08-23-2008, 02:28 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

sorry Voodoo[X(]
I heard Shadow has about an extra $1500 dollars (American) burning a hole in his pocket and wants to pay for the drums and the shipping overseas...hahahaha! You bastard!

To be dead honest, I am 98% sure you will not sell this drumset on this forum. You must post the set (along with pictures) locally on Craigslist, or in your local trader rag. Anybody who wants to buy it will want to sit at the throne and have a stab at the pie pans. If you try to sell it on Ebay, you will have to add an ungodly amount ofshipping which would make it cheaper for someone to go to Guitar Center and buy a new set for the same price. Sell it locally, my friend...good luck.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:13 AM

Thanks for the info guys. I never even heard of craigslist so I'll check it out.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 PM

^Have you beenliving in a cave your whole life?

Old 08-24-2008, 11:50 PM

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

^Have you beenliving in a cave your whole life?
no, they just havent heard of craigslist.. I didn't really know about it until 2 1/2 years ago.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

sorry Voodoo[X(]
I heard Shadow has about an extra $1500 dollars (American) burning a hole in his pocket and wants to pay for the drums and the shipping overseas...hahahaha! You bastard!

To be dead honest, I am 98% sure you will not sell this drumset on this forum. You must post the set (along with pictures) locally on Craigslist, or in your local trader rag. Anybody who wants to buy it will want to sit at the throne and have a stab at the pie pans. If you try to sell it on Ebay, you will have to add an ungodly amount ofshipping which would make it cheaper for someone to go to Guitar Center and buy a new set for the same price. Sell it locally, my friend...good luck.
Nice set of skins - c'mon Voodoo - let's start a band !!
I can plunk my old Ibanez 140 12 string, and we can sing "hippy music" from the 70's..., or some stuff from the Voodoo Lounge.....
Seriously though, Craigslist or maybe e-Bay would be the best options, unless you can get your local music shop to take them. Luck to you.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:28 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

^Have you been living in a cave your whole life?
no, they just havent heard of craigslist.. I didn't really know about it until 2 1/2 years ago.
Yep. I only stumbled upon it a year ago or so. I thought it was a joke until I started to realize everyone was talking about it (and I just wasn't paying attention, nor cared). In a bigger city, it's great.......but when you are in the butt-hole of New Mexico......not so much.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:55 AM

Lol I live in the middle of nowhere so I always advertise in the two biggest cities that are near to me and just expect to drive it out there if I find a serious buyer. Beats shipping stuff anyhow.. especially a drum set.

If you still havent figured out what craigslist is controlledchaos go to http://www.craigslist.org and if a city is already scelected click the big word craigslist in the top left corner and it will bring up a list of states. It's basically the classifieds but on the internet, completely free and expect to get responses from wierd people since it IS on the internet afterall[sm=smiley17.gif]

Quick Reply: Help Me Out Guys!