Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Helmets & Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmets & Tires

I've got a friend at the Honda dealership insterested in getting rid of some items. They are Scorpion helmets and D208's. If you live in NJ, you can go to his place and they will install them for $350. However, if you just want the tires as a set, they will be $275. If you only want one tire the front is $125 and the rear is $150. PM me if your interested, he's got enough to go around.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Retired Admin
Default RE: Helmets & Tires

always nice to see a deal out there....thanx for the tip darlin' [8D]

Old 02-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Retired Administrator
Old 02-05-2006, 10:34 PM

I had a rear tire mounted and balanced on my old bike at the local dealer for $55 it was on the bike. They said it would be about $115 to do both. This summer I'm going to be buying all of the equipment to do tire changes myself. I can get the tool to put on and take off the tire for about $100 and the wheel balancer for $165 but I'm probably going to make it myself. They really charge too much to change tires IMO. $30 isn't bad but you are doing half of the work for them.

-Jesse-

PS sorry to jack the thread too.

Old 02-05-2006, 11:33 PM

Dunlop D208ZR REAR 180/55ZR-17 $104.00

http://www.americanmototire.com/ is that cheaper don?

comes to 115.54 shipped to South Dakota... 116.59 to virginia... 115.54 to ohio... (not sure where your at bud :P I should pay mor attn heheheh)

forgot... am-tire has a guarantee on their hompage stating they have fresh rubber too... stock is switched out after so many days, if that makes much of a diff to you...

sorry again pits, was going to list this place a few days ago but spaced, I hope your not too mad, i DID add your bike in 2 vids

Old 02-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Retired Administrator

Ok.... let's try this. I have Dunlop 208 for $12 installed. Can any of you beat this... come on. I can dream can't I?

Good find on the prices. $120 to $116 isn't much of a savings for me to worry about it. I've dealt with Ron Ayers and can trust them. I've found cheaper tires down in the $90 range, but then you add $35 or $40 in shipping. $120 works for me.

Here's the vaseline part... I asked my local shop about bringing them the bike and having them do everything. Which I hate. I don't trust anyone. Quoted me just under $250 for the rear. I laughed then asked how much if I just bring you the tire and rim. I'm not up to speed on mounting tires that need to be balanced. It's easy to take the wheel off so I'm not worried about doing all of the work, I just need the mounting and balancing to be done for me. I'll look into it when I'm back in OH where I have more friends and hook ups. Down here in VA (station @ naval station norfolk) I'm all alone.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:44 AM

hey pits!!!! how come u didn't IM me n tell me baout this deal?? i'm looking for a new helmet right now.....lemme know how much!!!

Old 02-06-2006, 01:43 AM

Well boys I see you guys did a nice job of hijacking my thread....LOL....Vic I can get you a deal

Old 02-06-2006, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Ok.... let's try this. I have Dunlop 208 for $12 installed. Can any of you beat this... come on. I can dream can't I?

Good find on the prices. $120 to $116 isn't much of a savings for me to worry about it. I've dealt with Ron Ayers and can trust them. I've found cheaper tires down in the $90 range, but then you add $35 or $40 in shipping. $120 works for me.

Here's the vaseline part... I asked my local shop about bringing them the bike and having them do everything. Which I hate. I don't trust anyone. Quoted me just under $250 for the rear. I laughed then asked how much if I just bring you the tire and rim. I'm not up to speed on mounting tires that need to be balanced. It's easy to take the wheel off so I'm not worried about doing all of the work, I just need the mounting and balancing to be done for me. I'll look into it when I'm back in OH where I have more friends and hook ups. Down here in VA (station @ naval station norfolk) I'm all alone.
Don I hate to say I know what you mean about not trusting anyone with your bike. When I took my old bike in to have the rear tire mounted they said it would be an hour or so. So me and my buddy left and then went and picked the bike up. Later I ran into the guy that changed my tire and he said he loved the bike and he said he rode a few wheelies when he test rode it. I was pissed, why the hell should they get to ride it when just changing the tire or wheelie it during the test ride??? They have brand new bikes on the showroom floor they can do that with, not someone elses bike. I think its stupid, if I ever have to get my bike serviced I'm staying and watching the guy the whole time and if he wants to ride it, I'm going with him on his bike or his car or what ever that way I can beat on his stuff as much as he beats on mine. Ok I'm done with my little rant, but thats most of the reason I'm going to start changing my own tires.

-Jesse-

Old 02-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Retired Administrator

Dude.... wtf did you say to him when he told you he did test wheelies? If you know me.... that would have been a free service call. I would have killed the guy. I took mine in for the first maintenance call so if anything was wrong, they'd see it. I was having a hard time watching an old 5' 2" man ride my bike through the parking lot. And I parked out side the service area door so he only ride it like 20 feet. I waited for it, told them I didn't have a ride so I was going to hang out until it was finished. They were nice and moved my bike up to the next available mechanic. Maybe they weren't being nice.... they just wanted to get me out of their show room. I was test sitting everything making my vroom, vroom noises. Plus.... always carry your helmet on your elbow when you walk into a shop. They freak because too many people do it and bang the hell out of the bikes as they walk by.

I'd love to be able to do all of my own work... I just don't know how to balance the tire.

Quick Reply: Helmets & Tires