Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Helmet Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Helmet Speakers?

Does anyone have any helmet speakers that velcro into the helmet? I have ear buds that wrap around my ear, but I hate riding with those in, they always get uncomfortable after a little while. I have been looking at helmetspeakers.com and some on ebay, but I don't want to spend some money on something I can't even hear. Does anyone have any speakers that sound good and have a decent volume?

Old 10-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Helmet Speakers?

i think http://www.helmetaudio.com/ is the better link....

i have those and they work great...not too loud to overpower the outside but good enough....if you need them louder you could use an inline amplifier...i really like mine especially since you can hide the wire in the helmet and then just disconnect them...i don't ever take mine out and you can't even tell the plug is there when they aren't plugged in.....

Old 10-09-2007, 03:19 PM

lol, yeah that was the link, although, they have almost the same logo...I was thinking about just getting an inline amplifier as well if it didn't work. I just really don't want to spend $50 on speakers that are gonna suck, ya know? I don't need them to blow out my ear drums, just be loud enough I can hear the music.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered Users

well at about 70mph on the highway with my exhaust, i can hear them when my ipod is turned all the way up and so are the speakers...granted, it's not very loud, but i can still understand the music....if i had an inline, which i am considering, i am sure it could drown out the outside....on stree riding, it's perfect...highway, a little soft but still audible...

Old 10-09-2007, 03:32 PM

Which ones did you get? The Iasus XSound2?

Old 10-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Registered Users

i got the HS92...they didn't ahve the nicer ones when i bought them...i bet the other ones are nice...i like the crappy $20 ones...lol

Old 10-09-2007, 05:17 PM

There are a few other posts about this. (https://cbrforum.com/m_304643/tm.htm) I have read about several people getting those cheap ones from helmet audio and they love them. I just hate how whenever i take my helmet off my earbuds try and rip my ear off.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: morganw

There are a few other posts about this. (https://cbrforum.com/m_304643/tm.htm) I have read about several people getting those cheap ones from helmet audio and they love them. I just hate how whenever i take my helmet off my earbuds try and rip my ear off.
I will probably just get the cheapies then, mine dont rip my ears off, they just fall off.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:28 PM

I picked up a set of those cheap 9 dollar JVC 'gummie' ear buds....i can put the helmet on, take it off, and then put it back on and they don't leave my ears....and they're only 9 bucks (or less). Not quite helmet speakers, but they work.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:38 PM

the hs92 ones are sweeet. i love them soo much but it depends on where you put them in your helmet. i put them jsut infront of my ears so when i amin traffic they go forwards and get quieter but when i am at speed they push back onto my ears and amplify. it took some trial and error but it works and its perfect.
also if u want them alittle louder then get a bigger 1/8th inch cable w/out the inline volume and it will help a tad.
hope it helps
JonBrown

Quick Reply: Helmet Speakers?