Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Helmet for Girlfriend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet for Girlfriend?

Ok guys, I gotta question for you.

So this Chick that I guess you would say I'm dating, well she been talking now that she wants ride on the back of me bike!

So I started think even though Arizona has the no helmet law, I dont wanna be riding around with out one on, especially her.

I guess the question would be what do I do for her for a helmet?

A. Buy her a new helmet
B. Give her my helmet, by myself a new one
C. Tell her no buy her own helmet
D. You dont get a ride

Or any other option you guys have? I know some of you have had to go through something similar to this.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Default RE: Helmet for Girlfriend?

Got to get her a lid, but i would say take her and have her pick it out, you will never pick one that she likes. I would have never picked the one my wife did, thats why its hers....I am sure others will chime tomorrow...of course you could say no then maybe she just finds someone else to ride with...just things to think about.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:26 PM

Its always good to have a helmet, if your the same size head let her use urs and buy a new one for yourself. If the size is different then buy herself a scorpion 400 or 700 in pink or something there relatively cheap and very safe.

Im buying a scorpion 700 just from the reviews i keep reading and seems more stable then my hjc so the ladies can use that but im guessing most girls are gonna be anywhere from an XS to a M

Old 02-10-2008, 11:27 PM

Walmart.

Bell for $70 I've been riding with one for months. Fits like a glove. They even have tinted visors for them. ($15)

Old 02-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Martin_D
A. Buy her a new helmet
D. You dont get a ride

Option B is out unless she has same shape/size head as you.
Option C&D are totally up to you .. we can't decide that one for you.
That only leaves option A, but personally I wouldn't do that one either unless you're pretty serious with her.
If you have the coinage and plan on giving rides often I would get 2 or 3 different size helmets and keep them (not "give") available at your place for anyone you plan on giving rides to. If you don't have the $'s I would buy just one extra one that fits her but still just keep it available for use by anyone (not just her) ... hopefully it'll fit others well also .. that way there's no problem trying to get it back if the relationship ends quickly.

I also wouldn't do the option of a cheap low quality lid; presumably her noggin is just as important as yours.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:07 AM

Dude, you're being shopped...she says she wants to ride but--it's just a petition to see how much you'll spend, how much you'll drop on her to keep her 'safe'.

After the helmet, it'll move on to the next thing, and the next, and the next...you get one chance to prove whose the pilot of this relationship--you, or the female navigator sitting behind you. Aim high.

Which means buy a good helmet, that she likes, but keep it. It's yours, and you're just borrowing it to her--she deserves it, she's hot, but it's your gear, and if she starts to pull wickedness--save that lid for the next girl...

Old 02-11-2008, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

A. Buy her a new helmet
D. You dont get a ride

Option B is out unless she has same shape/size head as you.
Option C&D are totally up to you .. we can't decide that one for you.
That only leaves option A, but personally I wouldn't do that one either unless you're pretty serious with her.
If you have the coinage and plan on giving rides often I would get 2 or 3 different size helmets and keep them (not "give") available at your place for anyone you plan on giving rides to. If you don't have the $'s I would buy just one extra one that fits her but still just keep it available for use by anyone (not just her) ... hopefully it'll fit others well also .. that way there's no problem trying to get it back if the relationship ends quickly.

I also wouldn't do the option of a cheap low quality lid; presumably her noggin is just as important as yours.

BELL has been in the lid business for years. Just cuase a lid doesnt cost $300 or more doesnt mean its not good. I've seen $500 lids get destroyed while "cheapo's" survive a little better.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:22 AM

So this Chick that I guess you would say I'm dating, well she been talking now that she wants ride on the back of me bike!

So I started think even though Arizona has the no helmet law, I dont wanna be riding around with out one on, especially her.
It doesn't really sound like you guys are that sereous so I wouldn't really recommend dropping that sereous of an amount of cashola so early in the relationship. She'd be like, "oh what, motorcycle helmet in the middle of Febuary but all you got me for my birthday was this ****ty teddybear?!"

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Which means buy a good helmet, that she likes, but keep it. It's yours, and you're just borrowing it to her--she deserves it, she's hot, but it's your gear, and if she starts to pull wickedness--save that lid for the next girl...
You stole my thunder, that is EXACTLY what I was going to say and EXACTLY what I have personally done lol. I have 2 medium helmets (both of which I consider my own) and I bought a small helmet that an ex of mine used to use from time to time, but it was always still "my" helmet. Now it just sits on the cabinet until it is called upon again.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Banned

Got to get her a lid, but i would say take her and have her pick it out, you will never pick one that she likes
She has to try it on, but don't let her buy a pink Icon Kitty helmet, too much money. Just get a grey HJC or something else on closeout. If she thinks it is part ofher warddrobe, you are gonna be spending $$$$$.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:56 AM

dude its always a good idea to have a spare helmet for the chicks

Quick Reply: Helmet for Girlfriend?