Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Helemt Skinz

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helemt Skinz

Any one have any experience with these. My bike is out being painted and now my helemts won't match. I was looking at these as it is a cheaper alternative to buying new helmets. But was curious as to the quality.

Thoughts?

Chris

Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 PM

I think its a cool idea, just not one that I would use. They look pretty good from a distance, but up close, you can tell they are skin and dont look good in my opinion.

The other thing I've wondered about is this: My helmet, along with pretty much any helmet out there, has vents in the chin, the top of the head front and rear. I dont think the access to the vents would be easy and the flow has to be abstructed considerably, if not completely.

As far as quality, I couldnt offer anything bad or good.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

I have a few stickers on my helm. I have the whole top section covered with a CF look.
I think though that if i was going to pay any money on the looks i would just go for a custom paint job rather that a pre-made skin. If you are going to go custom why not go for a complete match?

Old 05-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I have a skin for my helmet, whats cool is when you get tired of it you can just take it off and throw it in a closet till you feel like putting it back on.

I would shy away from the vinyl covers that go over your visor though, I HATED the matching one I got with mine it was just terrible to see through it made me sick.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:13 PM

Well the idea endless is to get my helmets that I have now to match the new paint on the bike. I can have them painted but that would be much more than a skin.

Rojerlockless, was the quality of the skin ok? Did it fit and hold up decent? Where did you get your skin at?

Thanks, Chris

Old 05-15-2009, 05:42 PM

i bought mine from skullskins.net they have a larger variety i think

if you are just looking for something for a resonable price then go for it. you can take it off whenever you want, and the material holds up pretty good, if it gets dirty you just throw it in the washer.

Yes you will lose some circulation inside of your helmet because it blocks of the vents, but not all, air still blows through the material.

the visor sticker covers do take some getting used to. The way i would describe it is like looking through a mesh jersey or something. just a bunch of holes. you can see through it, but it takes some time before you wont notice it at all.