Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Heart Attacks & Warm Water!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heart Attacks & Warm Water!

For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.
A serious note about heart attacks - You should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting. Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line.
You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack. Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms. 60%! of peo ple who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know, the better chance we could survive.
A cardiologist says if everyone who reads this message sends it to 10 people, you can be sure that we'll save at least one life.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Default RE: Heart Attacks & Warm Water!

Wow...... I am screwed .

Pretty insightful information!

Old 03-28-2007, 04:26 PM

Rule of thumb: don't take health advice from anonymous forwarded emails. I scoured every available medical database for articles confirming -- or even suggesting -- that drinking cold water with meals is harmful, and found not a single one. There's no scientific basis for the claim that cold water will "solidify the oily stuff" you have just consumed, or that this "sludge" will "line the intestine," let alone "turn into fats" and "lead to cancer." It's mumbo-jumbo, and self-contradictory mumbo-jumbo at that. The email states that drinking cold water "slows down the digestion," yet in the very next sentence declares that it will cause the your stomach contents to "break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster." Which is it? What studies do exist mainly extoll the benefits of drinking cold water, especially during and after vigorous exercise. Cold water is absorbed by the body more quickly than warm water and can help lower one's body temperature, preventing dehydration.

Haven't heard anything or read anything about this in any of the research I do in school being a nursing major or through the decent amount of healthcare experience I have. Sounds like this cardiologist rides suzuki or somethin...

So let's hear you guys rip me apart for being a ******* focker

Old 03-28-2007, 05:06 PM

well why dont we ask the thread starter? pits where did you get this info from? im actually pretty curious to learn more......

Old 03-28-2007, 06:14 PM

Ummm I'm going to have to totally disagree. Water freezes at 32 degrees and oil freezes well below that, so unless you are drinking pure antarica glacer ice while submerged 50ft below the surface its not happening. Now drinking cold water to fast when your body is really hot can mess with how your body and muscles react which can be fatal but as far as the oils solidifing, your body is at a constant 98.5 degrees. Not happening.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/coldwater.asp

what they don't tell you is that if you hop up and down on your left foot 3 times while drinking, it negates all illnesses in your body!

Old 03-28-2007, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/coldwater.asp

what they don't tell you is that if you hop up and down on your left foot 3 times while drinking, it negates all illnesses in your body!
that's wonderful!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:27 PM

Water's for sukas, have a cold beer instead!

Old 03-28-2007, 11:16 PM

I think the idea of oily stuff solidifying comes from food fats, you know, if you leave bacon grease in the skillet or pour it in a cold drain it gets solid kinda, til you rinse it down with hot water. Either way, the story is bunk. Watr intoxication on the otherhand is a weird thing.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:24 PM

Doesn't matter what we do or don't do... When it's your time to go! Goodbye!

Quick Reply: Heart Attacks & Warm Water!