Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Have you ever, Would you ever Kick a car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever, Would you ever Kick a car?

So I was talking to this girl about some car drivers being idiots, and the girl said she's kicked a few cars... I had never heard of this, but it striked my curiousity... so hence the poll.

I'm sure in the heat of the moment you probably wouldn't think twice or have much choice... But given the premeditation...

Some person (fill in your worst personal stereotype here) on a cell phone driving a (your least favorite car) starts creeping into your lane...

What would you do?

More importantly, do you practice this ahead of time? wouldn't you fall off? Is it a up motion or a kung foo straight leg smack... Worried about the driver?

Old 08-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Have you ever, Would you ever Kick a car?

my brother and i were just talking about this very topic. he rides a GSXR 750 and he told me that he has punched and kicked a few cars that have swerved @ him or into his lane.. i thought he was kinda crazy but it made sense . there are sometimes where ive wanted to just to wake up the idiot behind the wheel to pay attention and usually to get off their damn CELL phone !

Old 08-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hell yeah, have not had to but came close...i couldnt reach (thank god for both of us)....someone starts getting too close, clutch it in and hit the rev limiter, and kick the **** outta their door. they'll see ya now.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:50 PM

I would be mad if I had to ride a GSXR too lol.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:12 PM

^ i tried to get him to buy a honda but it hasnt happened yet. he has had 2 gsxrs and an r6 , thankfully he has stayed away from kawis . he did almost buy a 900 RR but it was a pos and i didnt want his 1st honda experience to be a bad one. who knows maybe ill get him on one soon enough

Old 08-29-2006, 07:22 PM

Happened years ago, I was riding my little CB to work along a busy main rain, anyways, a side road merged into the line I was in.
Peak hour traffic, as I went past this merging road, a car full of suites appeared in my lane, I had no where to go, bipped my horn to warn these guys, bip, bip,bip. Anyway this guy actually saw me and started to laugh! I had to ride the line of the lane to miss this guy (or should I say, so this guy missed me) and not get run over by the traffic in the next lane. So there we where, both in the same space, and this guy was not going to stop, god, I was that close I could see his dental work. So more of a reaction (I think I thought of this excuse later, when I was worried about possibe "consequences") than action. I started kicking the side of car, and kept kicking, & kicking this ******* door, until he finally slowed and let me in the lane. at the next set of lights I got of my bike and started hurling abuse at this moron (he wasn't laughing anymore at this stage) In fact he did not even make eye contact with me, despite my generous offer, that he get out, and we descuss this incident like gentleman). The other guys in the car just sat there with the mouths open. I was really going off, adrenalin & anger let loose. So the lights changed, and traffic started to move, so I kicked the door once more and then slammed my closed fist onto the bonnet as I went back to my bike. Rode off, and then as I calmed down (it took a while) I thought, oh s*#*, I've really done it this time) but never heard another thing, but I bet that ****** now gives way to bikes.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:02 PM

That's how I imagine it happening to me Pacemaker, although I don't see myself as an overly aggressive person, biking with cars just starts to make you act that way.

That is the question of consequences, what happens if they swerve back. It's intimidation though, you see someone banging at your door with their foot/fist etc... you are afraid. You don't realize that you could swerve into the biker and take them out... but they could, and they don't realize it most of the time I think. So usually adrenaline going, I say kick away. For every door you put a dent in, that's a hundred bikes that have gone down because of a careless car driver.

Our instructors say that people don't hear the horn... I beg to differ, yeah alot of people can't, but there's no problem drawing attention with it.

Cars usually have 2 horns, one high, one low, which i think makes it sound more normal/menacing... as compared to the single tone horn which I think sounds whimpy. Has anyone considered upgrading? It's not like they draw that much power, I don't see why it would be a problem...

Old 08-29-2006, 08:10 PM

IMO and personal experiences, people in cars dont mess with bikers when it comes to a confromtation. i think they are scared of us . i know it sounds funny but its the truth. whenever someone has cut me off (on purpose or on accident) they dont even want to look @ me when i get next to them. same thing if someone has been an ******* to me while riding i ask whats their problem and they dont even want to reply just keep lookin straight and avoiding me.
ive yelled @ ppl and nothing is said back. one time this A*hole darted out in front of me and ended up going the same place i was when we got there i politely asked him if he saw me or what he just put his head down and walked faster. its like wtf take some responsibility for your stupidness ! ok anyways sorry for ranting this just got me thinking and times i got mad @ ppl in cars haha

Old 08-29-2006, 09:39 PM

I've thought about the horn, they make a sound like "I am wimp". you can do the car thing and put in two horns, my friends GSX1400 has a macho sound, but I think they knew that someone wanting to buy that sort of bike would want something be meatier that a fart in bottle sound.
What I did back then was out of fear & anger, these days I would think twice about it. Those where innocent days back then, and I'm talking the late sixties, With the advent of "Road Rage" being part of the universal mind set, if I did that sort of thing now, he would just as likely jump out and pump a few rounds in my sorry ****, or run me off the road (or both). Or sue me. (maybe all three)
I've come to realise that "presence" on the road is attitude, I don't mean aggression.
You just have to say to yourself that you have rights on the road & realise that 9/10 drivers are idiots.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:39 PM

I dont even think its a question of whether i would its just will i have to

Quick Reply: Have you ever, Would you ever Kick a car?