Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

have u sold through craigslist.com???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have u sold through craigslist.com???

has any one sold any parts or anything through that web site if yea what was youre method of reciving payment?????? any experience with it . defenetlly not western union or money gram paymnet. Something like cashirs check or money order?

Old 01-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Default RE: have u sold through craigslist.com???

I have sold a few things. A few car parts and a few electronics. I always used cash, MO, or they paypal me before they pick it up. I never except anything else, unless its osmething big, and if they have a check I will go to the bank and let them cash it then give me the money. But thats about it. Usually its pretty straight forward

Old 01-30-2007, 11:56 PM

If you have a paypal account and your buyer does as well, they can pay you through Paypal. I have sold an ***-load of things on CL, including my F2, it sold in an hour for my full asking price, cash deal. Other times, I had mailed something out as soon as funds were recieved, many of those times by paypal.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:37 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i have sold and bought atleast 5 cars 4 motorcycles and hella car parts, stereo equipment, furniture, etc ! i love "CL" ! but i hate dealing with flakers ! when i sell something its CASH ONLY or if you have a check we goto the bank right away and not untill i get cash then you get your stuff. if they dont like that oh well, they are not going to be the only person out there who needs what you are selling ! use that same approach when taking offers . when ppl try to low ball you tell them to **** off. in my opinion craigslist is very good but there are scammers out there and low ballers so watch your back. ive heard of a few people locally who have tried to sell stuff on cl , showed it to people then it gets jacked later (i think that happened to a member on here too - red bull bike ) good luck

Old 01-31-2007, 12:42 AM

Im selling my dirtbike on there right now. The amount of hits you get off that site is amazing.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:52 AM

I've sold a bunch of old chainsaws on there, a few misc tools, my old ju- err stuff. I usually deal in person, so cash is my preferred payment.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:01 AM

well i read on CL in the scams section( http://sarasota.craigslist.org/about/scams.htmlthat )allot of time when u sell something and ppl send u cashiers check and the banks cash it for you but at the end it turns out to be fake and they hold u responsible for it.What the difference in with money order and cashiers check?

Old 01-31-2007, 01:45 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

money order you get from a liquor store or grocery store , those can be faked alot easier then a cashiers check. cashiers checks you get from the bank and gets taken from the persons accountant. for best results cash only !

Old 01-31-2007, 02:29 AM

Sold a bunch of stuff. I have always done face to face cash only. Even took one guy to the bank to get his cash. Just like anyhting else it has risks but dont let that discourage you. Get info and dont just diss anyone off. If one flakes go to the second choice. Keep people updated and contact fast always makes a good customer/buyer/seller.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:10 AM

nope i never have. i just use ebay to get ride of the stuff i have.