Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Have to get rid of the Dog

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007 | 09:56 AM
Default RE: Have to get rid of the Dog

He's a cute dog man, but he can't act like that. I would say he has to go since he is not good with you kid. I mean it's no fun haveing a dog that you always have to worry about. I hopw your buddy can take him and give him a good home.

Old 11-05-2007 | 12:02 PM

i have a large dog and two small children my son is 3 and my little girl is 1. my dog will not bite these kids no matter what they do to it. i have seen my son jump on her kick her and hit her with sticks and the dog does not do a thing. i obviously dont allow my kids to do this but with a 3 year old son he will do things when he thinks your not looking. i would not have a dog that would bite my kids even one time. my dog will take the abuse from the kids and act like it likes it, i will dicipline the kid and tell the dog she is a good dog for not doing anything to the kid. my dog is a protective dogbut would not hurt my or any other children. my .02 is get rid of the dog i know this can be hard but it is your kids safety where talking about. if you do get a new dog get a more doscile breed. i know its not allways the breed any dog can be aggresive but some breeds are more than others.

Old 11-05-2007 | 12:35 PM
Banned

Its tough but you are doing the right thing. Dogs that bite need to be put down. A dog is a tool, like a chainsaw, when the chainsaw isn't safe you gottajunk it. When a big dog bites, ditto.

Old 11-05-2007 | 12:54 PM
|

after a long discussion, my wife said he didnt actually bit her, guess he nibbled her hand (he was playing thats what he normally does with me) but my wife over reacted...he has bit my wifer before but when she is hitting him in the face with a brush what would you expect I told her he would bit her if she continued to do that.....

anyways I called the place that I did puppy training at and they told me to come in for 1 on 1 training with the dog and I would see a big improvement, I am going to try this, I told them about all the issues and they said 4-5 sessions would be a great improvement. If this fails then I will be foreced to let him go, but again my buddy said he would take him, so atleast I know he would have a good home.

Old 11-05-2007 | 02:23 PM

well glad to hear that u got the issue straightend out with your wife. it is always tough when you have to make a desicion like that. giving him up to your friend if he doesnt improve is def the right idea. you cant have the dog biting the kid what so ever.

Old 11-05-2007 | 04:20 PM
|

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

well glad to hear that u got the issue straightend out with your wife. it is always tough when you have to make a desicion like that. giving him up to your friend if he doesnt improve is def the right idea. you cant have the dog biting the kid what so ever.
totally agree, he starts training this thursday

Old 11-05-2007 | 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

my wife never has liiked him

he has bit my wifer before but when she is hitting him in the face with a brush what would you expect
The training sessions won't make any permanent difference as long as your wife's energy is negative toward the dog. These animals are not tools or commodities, and are incapable of blocking whatever type of energy is directed at them, especially our subconscious attitudes. The number one reason for behavioral issues is lack of exercise, plain and simple. That, and living in an environment where they feel unsure about their role in the pack. Without a strong, positive human pack leader, a dog will sense the vacuum and become confused and/or dominant.

Getting a smaller dog will make no difference, it is a myth that smaller ones are safer. Size doesn't matter, it's all about the relationship of pack leader to pack follower, and the release of physical energy. If you don't have the time for daily walks to drain him of that energy, find a reputable adoption center and do the dog, yourself, and your wife the favor.