Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hate my job ( vent thread)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hate my job ( vent thread)

Sorry just my job has been really eatin at me lately, just all kinds of b.s. work and our new owner just gets under my skin. This guy just has no clue how a shop should be run, or the process of how cars get fixed. It just frustrates me to no end, i am actually thinking of going some place else, even though, and i wont lie, the guy pays me a kings ransom to stay. I am sure to go anywhere else i would be losing at least 5 bucks an hour min. So here comes todays idiot, came in on a wrecker of course, some yahoo redneck, who you can just tell dont have a penny to his name prolly. He says i was just driving along, not doing anything wrong when my car just dies, no weird noises, or anything like that. I ask is the car taken care of, oil changes etc. Oh yea he says, i do all my own upkeep and just did an oil change couple weeks ago i think it was. So i get it inside, hit the key and heara bad noise immediatly, CRAP. Check the oil, blacker then the blackest black, times infinity of course. Tell the guy you got a major problem, gonna need to pull the oil pan, but prolly lookin at a motor. My boss steps in and takes over of course, 5 min later tells me get to work. Working on a 97 Pontiac Grand Am with a 3.1 liter for what its worth, just a hunk of crap. So here is what i found in the oil pan, it took out the crank sensor too. Now Monday i have to just install 1 new bearing and rod cap (bad idea btw) cause this guy is all outa money, and i just know in 2 months this pos is gonna come back and i am gonna have to deal with it again, just cause my new boss wont tell someone how it is, just wants to take whatever money he can. &^%$ me. Some pics since i had my camera at work to take shots of the bike.

The bearing was junk, rod caps were still in place, but found the center piece in the oil pan

The windage tray that took the final blow

The crank sensor it took out

The mess it left behind on the crank

And the general crappy condition the pos was in

Anyhow if your still here, thanks for listening

Old 04-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Default RE: Hate my job ( vent thread)

Well at least you are thinking the right way to fix that car good... The owner of the caris being cheap so that is not your problem. Keep up the good work man![8D]

Old 04-12-2008, 04:59 PM

I hear ya on the job hating my man. I must say redrum a billion times a day while im working. After 3 years ive had it. Start school for my CDL A on the 19th.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:08 PM

You should try working somewhere that has no bonuses, no PTO, no health insurance, no sick pay, no 401k, no career ladder, a wage ceiling from 1987, tons of illegal immigrants and unlicensed companies chopping honest guys off at the knees...not one benefit of any kind, really...then come see me about how much you hate it.

Sorry, everything is relative, I know, which is why I can't complain (except that I do, loudly, to myself...) --I'm not starving, don't have AIDS, don't live in third-world country--you know, all the things poor dumb jackasses such as myself tell ourselves to ease the pain of watching BMW roll out a V-8 M3 and be able to do nothing about it...[&o] Yeah, **** life

Old 04-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One bearing and one rod cap? Shudder. Not something I'd do, but I've seen it done and with fair success. The sad thing is, when this guy comes back in a few months, it'll be your fault that the engine broke again. If you are able you should let him know that what you did was a stop-gap measure and to expect trouble down the road.

No noise or anything? Maybe the guy is deaf, or just doesn't know what tolisten for. A new acquaintance, who in time became a good friend,offered me a ride to work. We started down the road and it was apparent he had abad bearing(or bearings)in the transmission. I mentioned that, told himhe should have a mechanic check it out, andhe said that it was justthe way his car sounded, it had been making that noise since he bought it.A year or so later when the transmission completely gave up theghost he was quite surprised, he'd had no idea there was something wrong with it. Heis quite intelligent, successful in his field, knowledgable about a lot of things, but just has no mechanical apptitude at all. The point is that some people just have no idea how mechanical things work or how they should sound.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:09 AM
RCR

Good luck on that one, He will be back and it's going to be the shops fault in his opinion.

The grass always looks greener on the other side. There are idiots on every job you will work at, some may be the boss and some coworkers.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:44 AM

damn... i hate having to half-*** something. he needs a lot of work done lol !

Old 04-13-2008, 11:09 AM

yeah some days i just wanna quit due to my boss being a complete moron who would never of gotten the job he has if he hadn't married the owners daughter, but i know i have it somewhat decent. So I usually just nod my head and do what I want anyways and everything works out at the end of the daylol

Old 04-13-2008, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: daniels

yeah some days i just wanna quit due to my boss being a complete moron who would never of gotten the job he has if he hadn't married the owners daughter, but i know i have it somewhat decent. So I usually just nod my head and do what I want anyways and everything works out at the end of the daylol

Why didnt you marry his daughter. Is she fugly, has bad breath, got a face wart the size of a quarter, her vag taste like year old clam chowder?

Old 04-13-2008, 11:20 AM

He needs an engine/car,lol. I have done a lot of intake gaskets, and some head gasktes on those, but it is usually not that bad. That is funny how he said he did not hear anything. It kind of makes you wonder if the piston kept going on the upstroke and possibly bent the valve(s). Your boss is in for a rude awakening. You cannot polish sh*t.

Quick Reply: Hate my job ( vent thread)