Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hate the economy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hate the economy!!!

So as you may have read my exhaust fell off. Well this has called for a new bike. Ive gone looking around and applied for some bikes as well. I looked at a 08 and 09 CBR600RR (was was the white phoenix edition). They were both just under 8 grand. I also tried for loan to buy a bike from a person. With a credit score of 670 and no deliquent accounts for over a year i still cant get financed for even 3 grand. WTF?!?! I know 670 isnt that great but its better than alot of the people in this city. And just 2 years ago i got financed 11 grand for a new mustang which i PAID OFF EARLY!!!!! I blame the economy cause i dont know what else to blame.

So it looks like ill ghetto fix this till i can save up enough to buy a new bike.

Rant over

Old 04-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ugh, that sucks dude. Partially the economy. The other part is nobody considers motorcycles a mode of transportation. They're recreational vehicles.

You check into financing a used bike from the dealerships? Seen some nice late model bikes with low mileage in dealers. And with some heavy, dedicated searching you might be able to buy out right. The F4i whose title I'm waiting on is an 06 with 2529 miles and I swung it for $4,500. Been seeing similar and lower prices out there. They were just either too far for me to get (or wait to be shipped to me) or too late since landing the F4i.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go here... http://www.hondafinancialservices.co...motorcycle.asp

Got a buddy that used them a couple of times w/ little difficulty, great customer service, & lower rates for motorcycles than any traditional bank. These are the ads you see at the dealerships & on various outdoor motorsports programs.

Good luck in your search.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weird, my credit score is almost identical and i qualified for a 2nd car which is a Porsche :P

Granted everything else i own is paid off I have no debt other then a student loan.

You try going through a credit union? Most of the motorcycle finances are super **** about who they finance.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:31 PM

That sucks man, i remember the fight it was to get my first truck financed when i was 21 but that was do in part to no credit history, when i went to look at new mega cabs after i paid that truck off and about a month after i bought my house, no credit other than those 2. I was looking at a black mega cab dually, fully loaded with the 5.9 and the guy said well, we ran your credit...i'm like ok, he goes you just want 1, you could do 2 if you wanted., ended up going with a 02 for half the price, ever since i bought my house, havent had any issues getting any amount.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:43 PM

That seems a little much for a phoenix, maybe its just me? With that score your local Honda Dealer should be able to finance you.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:51 PM

Just when i thought it couldnt get any worse i got a call from honda. They said with 1k down and proof of income they will finance me for 224 a month for 48 months on a 09 600rr. Im going to pay it early so i dont pay as much but im so exicted.

Plus progressive quoted me 745 a month YES A MONTH for full coverage. Allstate said 229 and in august itll be 190 since my record will be clean. So the wife said as long as everything is under 500 i can. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:ico n_dance-tap:

Old 04-13-2010, 02:00 PM

LOL so I saw you're getting a Phoenix. Pics pics pics! Gonna go grab my f4i tonight.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
LOL so I saw you're getting a Phoenix. Pics pics pics! Gonna go grab my f4i tonight.
Good stuff man. Ill get pics up as soon as i get it. It should be a few days. IM ABOUT TO CRAP MY PANTS IM SO EXCITED! lol

Old 04-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Congratulations man, reading through this - that IS great news , can't wait to see it !

Quick Reply: Hate the economy!!!