Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Has this ever happened to anyone else!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has this ever happened to anyone else!

Okay soembody just posted a similar topic but i want to know what happened to other people also. Has anyone on here got a reckless driving ticket for doing a WHEELIE? Did you get a lawyer, court supervision, etc.??? I dont wanna lose my license again would like to hear from others situations. Anyone from illinois would be cool cuz thats where im from....

Old 05-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Default RE: Has this ever happened to anyone else!

I got a wreckless driving ticket in Belleville,IL back in 1987 for doing a wheelie on main street. A cop saw me do it on his way to work at about 9:00 PM. A different cop ended up pulling me over at 12:30 AM when I was almost home. Since I did not have my driver's license with me they took me to jail. I ended up getting court supervision for 90 days and paid a fine of $120. I am sure the fine has gone up in the last 20 years but you should still be able to get court supervision.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:05 PM

Yes, I got a reckless op. ticket for a wheelie. It was back in 1972,on a service station property. Even though it was not on state, county or city streets, it was a place of public ingress and egress, where the general public could be harmed by the way I may NOT be able to control my M/C. I chose to pay the fine and not contest it in mayor,s court. To hire an attorney and fight city hall would probably be a loss for more money.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tyson_rr

Okay soembody just posted a similar topic but i want to know what happened to other people also. Has anyone on here got a reckless driving ticket for doing a WHEELIE?
im not sure why you sound so surprised...a wheelie on a public road seems awfully reckless to me...im not trying to criticize (i know it'll come off like that anyways)...practice in an empty parking lot...

Old 05-15-2007, 07:08 PM

pshhhh its not reckless. I think if you can hold a 300 pound bike on the rear wheel going 50 its pretty controlled

Old 05-15-2007, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: punchit

pshhhh its not reckless. I think if you can hold a 300 pound bike on the rear wheel going 50 its pretty controlled
yeah, sure, up until the point the soccer mom on her cell pulls in front of you, or the light turns red. not to say she is not driving wrecklessly herself, but that is another discussion.

keep it off the streets guys, find a lot or the road less traveled.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Banned

Wreckless does seem excessive. I had two buddies get a 'no registration' ticket for wheelies. It is really up to the cop, but definitely fight it.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:30 PM

get a lawyer and fight it. I know alot of people who beat that ticket. deny it all the way

Old 05-15-2007, 09:20 PM

i think don posted something a while back about a guy in virgina beach getting locked up for a year for doing a wheelie.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

i think don posted something a while back about a guy in virgina beach getting locked up for a year for doing a wheelie.
I heard that they are trying to pass a law like that.....

Quick Reply: Has this ever happened to anyone else!