Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

has anyone seen this??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone seen this??

now the irony is killing me... sucks for Billy and more for the rider. Billy lane news

Old 09-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Default RE: has anyone seen this??

damn...dat sux. kinda ironic though...

Old 09-09-2006, 07:37 PM

No charges were files? He was illegally passing and killed someone......[sm=wtf.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 09-09-2006, 10:35 PM

I 2nd that, crossing over double yellow ????? does not matter if that little bike was legal or not, he crossed over a double yellow thats the life line, its there for reason, sucks to be him, sounds like jail time to me
ORIGINAL: HighRevver

No charges were files? He was illegally passing and killed someone......[sm=wtf.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 09-09-2006, 11:20 PM

Well he should go to jail deffently.

Old 09-10-2006, 05:25 AM

I think its kinda funny, title--"Chopper builder hurt in fatal crash"--no mention that he killed someone and it was his fault, but he was injured

About the other guy--"Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Patrick O'Neill confirmed that Morelick was riding the small motor bike, “But it was street legal,” O'Neill said this morning."--tring to push it off as if it were the guys fault that was riding the moped, but it was ok for Billy to pass on the double yellow

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Billy's work, but if you do something stupid and kill someone by doing it you should be the one getting blamed for it no matter what your social status is. I'm sick of these "famous people" getting off on tickets where every other "normal person" would walk away with a free rip to jail or a few fines to pay. Billy killed someone with his car, passing on a double yellow, his tickets should start as follows--passing in a no passing zone $XXX, innative (SP) driving $XXX, and last of all (there would be more but its 2:30am LOL) vehicular manslauter (SP) $XXXXX and a free trick to jail in the back of a squad car and many hours in a court room following. That would have been the treatment if it were you or me, so why does he get off for now??

Sorry for the little rant, but I'm more sorry for Gerald Morelock and his family. But Billy should be punnished to the fullest extent, period and WTF he rides, so don't you think he would look out for the other guy on a bike a little better than the typical cager??

-Jesse-

Old 09-10-2006, 06:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hellz yea i hate how hollywood gets away with murder,ever since OJ

Old 09-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Banned

I saw Billy at the Melbourne Hooters last sunday, the day before the accident. He is a nice guy, I've talked with him about bikes, he has a MV Agusta, but he alledgedly/may have a drinking problem as well as 'other' chemical situations going on (that is just my guess but this is a small town, and rumours are abundant). The same can't be said for other times I've seen him out, whether he was legally drunk, I'd have to say no, but he is a little guy and drinking and getting drunk is a question of bodyweight, and he is maybe 5'6", 160 LBS, so it may hit him harder than I realize.

The Police will charge him with every little thing in time. Right now they are waiting for the complete toxicology ot come back. Actually, his shop has been closed during the beginning of the week, not sure about thursday friday, the rumour is that he is 'on the run' but I haven't really talked to anyone that knows him very well.

Other people have speculated that he will slide to some degree because the moped wasn't street legal. To me that is immaterial, but there is talk that this may actually matter. The strange thing about the whole accident is that the stretch of road that he was on is virtually straight and you can see for at a least a half mile.

It is a shame that he probably going to go to jail for a very long time, but I believe that when the tests come back, it will show that he was impaired. I thought I read he had been arrested in South (or North) Carolina earlier this year for riding without a helmet, going the wrong way on a two lane road, while having been under the influence. I thought I read that this wasn't an isolated case with him either.

Either way he always seemed like a nice guy and it is a shame he ruined so many lives.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:17 PM

You can't kill someone and NOT get charged with anything, whether it was an accident or not. I'm no lawyer, but I think the least he can get is involuntary manslaughter. I hope the idiot has to do at least a couple of years. I thought riding a bike was supposed to make a person a more responsible cager...

Old 09-10-2006, 01:37 PM

I think the police are just taking their time. They want all the facts straight. I think the Duke Lacrosse deal put a lot of law enforcement on notice. They dont want arrest and charge someone, especially these celebrity figures, and then find out the facts would allow for the charges to stick.