Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Harleys

Old 02-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harleys

Today while at home, a dumb *** on his Harley revved his bike when he went pass my house, as to downshift, awakening my 7 month old daughter at 1 am. What the hell? Can't he just ride normally and down shift with out the blip? what's up with the un-capped pipes? I don't get it. Just had to vent. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-28-2008, 11:46 PM
RCR
Default RE: Harleys

Hey! when you pay $25,000 and add another $5,000 in chrome you need to be noticedSo if no one is looking Blip the throttle to get the well deserved attention you deserve...

Old 02-29-2008, 12:28 AM

I think you're right.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:17 AM
Banned

Plenty of sportbikes guilty of that one!

Old 02-29-2008, 04:33 AM
Banned

I hate a noisy bike. Noisy bikes are for a**holes whose mothers didn't give them enough love when they were children. If those retards want more power then they should just buy a Busa and be done with it.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:56 AM

Loud pipes save lives

Old 02-29-2008, 05:27 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

Hey! when you pay $25,000 and add another $5,000 in chrome you need to be noticedSo if no one is looking Blip the throttle to get the well deserved attention you deserve...
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]but true!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Banned

Loud pipes save lives
I know you meant this as a joke, but this is a common misconception, a lie spread by ABATE and exhaust manufacturers.

If you think about human nature, when we hear a sound, we look/turn towards that sound. If there is a motorcycle on your left, you tend to drift to him, same to the right. This is also one of the reasons why red cars tend to be in more accidents than blue cars. A case can be made that loud pipes are more dangerous than quiet pipes.

http://www.lamotorcyclelawyers.com/m...ent-causes.asp

http://www.virginiawind.com/byways/l...save_lives.asp
According to the Hurt report is was determined that 77% of motorcycle accident hazards come from in front of the rider, while only 3% approach from the rear. What's interesting here is that motorcycle pipes direct the vast majority of sound backwards where the least danger is, so for loud pipes to be truly effective safety measures they would need to be pointed forward where the greatest danger lies.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:27 AM

Well I can contest to being one of those noisey riders. My F4i has an old F3 D&D Can cut down with no baffeling from the previous owner. I'm going to put some bafferling in there to see if it gets much quieter...otherwise it's back to a stock pipe...I don't like the attention

Old 02-29-2008, 07:49 AM

My bike is kind of loud,but sounds good. I hate how a loud V-twin sounds. I give it a rev sometimes on the down shift if I,m going kinda fast-it's called dubble clutching and it's a bit better for the bike and makes it so the back tike does not lock up,but I don't do it late at night by homes.

I hate the sound of a sport bike with a stock can on it, but I also hate it when there to loud. A nice tuned sounds is what I like and I think my bike has that for the most part.

Rememer-HD "Dumb is not cheap"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harleys