Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Happiness

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Happiness

It is my belief, that you are responsible for your own happiness. You should never place that responsibility on anyone else's shoulders or you will end up becoming a slave to them and them to you.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Happiness

i have always thought that people are either naturally happy or not and nothing that happens will change that state for long, there can be those that have the world and me miserable and those with nothing and are happy.... then of course there are those with both... the world and happiness haha

Old 01-03-2009, 12:17 AM

Watch the movie "Blow"

Great movie! Is never happy with what he has and just wants more and more!

the only thing that does bring him happiness is his daughter.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:26 AM

Happiness is a warm gun...... Lennon/McCartney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itfms556DgE

Old 01-03-2009, 05:03 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

Happiness is a warm gun...... Lennon/McCartney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itfms556DgE
Have I told you lately that I love you? That is one of my favorite Beatle songs of all time.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:23 PM

I believe happiness is a screwed up word that convinces people that their lives aren't where they should be and leads to depression. Lol. I think happiness is a balance in life. Like dude said about blow. You can strive for it but it ain't gonna come. I reckon it comes with experience. The right experiences that is. Maybe that's why some people never get it. They always use the wrong tools to find it.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

Life is truly what you make it. Most if not all people want to be happy. If there is something that doesnt please you in your life find it and eliminate it. Happiness is simple, but do not forget: ignorance is bliss. Some, like myself choose not to be happy at times. Keeps me thinking and aware of what is not right in the world in order to avoid and maybe help the problem.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:22 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: ynks4evr

i have always thought that people are either naturally happy or not and nothing that happens will change that state for long, there can be those that have the world and me miserable and those with nothing and are happy.... then of course there are those with both... the world and happiness haha
I'm no pyschologist, but to me that sounds like an excuse not to be happy. I can tell you that I have been low....really low... in my life. But I realized that was unacceptable, and I got through it. You can ask anybody who knows me, I am a happy person now. It wasn't because I was born this way, I promise you, I didn't learn it until later in life.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:07 PM

Happiness for me is easy. I have stress in my life but positive stress is a fantastic motivator and essential to over-achieving. I define goals and do what it takes to meet them. I live everyday like it's my last and prepare everyday like I have a hundred years left.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

Happiness is a warm engine.

Quick Reply: Happiness