Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Had a squidly rider run into the back of me tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Had a squidly rider run into the back of me tonight...

tell him to hit me up i have fairings for sale on his CBR.... lol.

yeah that sucks.. thats my biggest worry about riding in groups.. i always like to be in the back at least that way i can see whats going on.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:52 AM

"my bad bro"

I would have curb stomped him. I don't do many group rides.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:03 AM

I'm proud of my group. Most of my group consists of newbies. Which is my fault. When I bought my CBR600 I sold my old Yamaha SecaII to them for cheap so they could resale. But they rode it and decided to get their own. So basically I went from riding alone to having 9 close friends I ride with.
1 guy has dirtibike experience and got a V-storm 1000
Our most timid rider got a Ninja250 and rode that for about a month and has a SV650 on order.
One buddy has a GSXR600 but he use to own a 750 a few years back. But he rides very conservatively. Doesn't wheelie, stoppie, or even floor it much. Nor does he ride the twisties hard.
another a RC51 who use to race motorcycles
a 07 Katana 600 with a newbie who crashed while trying to wave and turn but that woke him up to reality quick
97 Katana 600 (Which he wrecked te SecaII wihle test riding it but came out with a new found respect of bikes)
My old bike a Yamaha SecaII. Which that rider is pure ignorant but he finally had a close call that scared him straight finally.
And a guy who has ridden a cruiser for a few years who just ordered a Suzuki Bandit 1250.

The best part is as soon as they got their bikes they got all their gear on order. They don't ride like jackass' when in the group and when we hit the mountains we understand we'll go at our own pace and meet at the bottom.

The one ignorant guy I got straightend out fairly quick. He had a tendency to want to lead the group not knowing where we were going. Finally when I saw him coming up to try to take the lead I just started to do a kicking motion on whatever side he was on so if he did pass me I'd kick his bike. He woudn't pass me then.

But yeah that girl doesn't need to be on the bike. Especially if she doesn't know how to ride.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:54 AM

I live in a somewhat small town, the populationwas around 150,000 in 2006, so there are no big organized groups orestablished group leaders or administrators to handle this type of stuff. Everyone just kind of rides with whoever is out in most cases, I'll only stop to talk or to cruise if I know most of the people there. There are the self proclaimed leaders, or riders that other riders follow around like lost puppies because they look up to them for whatever reason, but like I said, all the new riders know the popular meeting places and they just kind of show up. I have been riding with most of these guys for almost three years now, and I know the riders that I can trust with their riding skills,but it's the self invited newbies that I worry about.I think this is another case where mommy and daddy bought junior a brand new bike and he thinks it's a tool for picking up girls and not a high performance machine. I plan on talking to this kid next time I see him out, and putting him in his place, I think if something would have been damaged my reaction would have been a lot worse than it was, but since the paint mark rubbed right off and there was no other damage I let him off with a good warning.I have no problem if this kid takes himself out, it's just the other riders or possibly passengers on his bike that I am concerned for. The picture definition that kodiak postedis a pretty accuratedepiction of this kid and his choice of clothes for riding.I won't be going out to have the chance to see himtoday though, we went from mid 70 degree weather yesterdayto mid 30's and snow today...stupid Colorado weather [sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 03-02-2008, 12:06 PM

Another case of a gaf that wants to look cool on a bike but in reality should not be near a two wheeled machine with even the smallest motor, gas or electric. I bet salesmen at the bike shops make a killin off of people like that.Im curious to know if the salesmen even throws the idea outthere about getting a helmet and other gear.So soon into the riding season and all ready I have seen more paper tags then you could wipe your a$$ with! You know the majority of the paper tag riders do not have their motorcycle endorsment on their drivers license.I imagine they probably donthave insurance either. It is really expensive on those new bikes and kids dontthink itwillcost much especially since they think they are getting a smoking deal on theirnew bike for a hundred something dollars a month.Once they find out it is more then $250a month they decide it is not something they need! And a helmet? Why would they want to mess up their hair!? I should stop talkin about this now, got me all worked up!

Hey Kodiak, that D-bag pic is hilarious. So true.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:46 PM

I would not have taken that hit so lightly. I feel bad for saying this, but I would not have had your control in that situation.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:27 PM

I always worry about riders like that. I turn some guys down because I know how they ride. I hate to admit that the only people I ride with around here all have cruisers, or Goldwing equivalent because I trust them and we have a good time. They give me crap for having a sportbike, but I take it all with good intentions. Just picture a bunch of cruiser with one sportbike tagging along, well that is me.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Retired Moderator

^^^ No harm in riding with responsible riders! Our love is riding, yes? My friends and I are just the opposite. We have one cruiser that rides with all the sportbikes. He has a hard time keeping up in the twisties...even at moderate speeds...damn pipes anyway!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:52 PM

Before I got my new exhaust, I could not even hear my bike when I rode with them, but I have never felt that they put me in harms way. I like that.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:46 PM

I just cant believe he told you " better hope nothing is wrong". He hits you and makes a statement like that means an *** whooping coming to him. I have to applaud your self control, but like someone said when kids get things handed to them there is no respect.

Quick Reply: Had a squidly rider run into the back of me tonight...