Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Had to get skinny!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had to get skinny!!!

Yesterday I was following a couple of cars along a state route, we rounded a garadual turn and the lead car just decides to lock up the brakes in an attempt to make a left turn. The second car and me were able to stop ok but while we were waiting for traffic to clear so this butt wipe could turn, I look in my mirror and a van rounding the turnwas not slowing down. Well I give it some gas and run up on the yellow line in between the stopped car and oncomming traffic as the van comes to screeching stop inches away from the bumper of the car that had been in front of me....[:-]...... sure glad I was paying attention!!! I'd have been squished for sure.........

Anyway.......be careful out there!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Had to get skinny!!!

Good eye, looking in the mirrors at all times is critical. I never understood why people want to remove them.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:52 AM

yea dude, i always check my mirrors when im at at stop sign/ light/ or just sitting in traffic.... never know when someones not gonna be paying attention.... congrats to not gettin squished!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:53 AM

I try to look in them as much as possible for this exact reason, it'll be the time that I didn't that I'll regret most...Glad you were able to spot it mang.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:56 AM

God is on your side...

I never understood why people want to remove them.
I ask the same cuestion my self...[&:]

Old 09-29-2008, 12:06 PM

Damn, good thing you were on the ball!

ORIGINAL: TheX

I never understood why people want to remove them.
Yeah, I have my F4i naked so I have no decen place to put them. I'm constantlly turning around to check what's behind me (red/blue lookout )

I every time I ride, I think about how nice it would be to have a mirror on my left hand glove to glance into once and awhile. Bar end mirrors are my other option but I'm not ready to spend $60+ for something I'll knock off when I'm playin around in a lot.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I check my mirrors constantly for this exact reason be it stopped or rollin with traffic. You never know we someone isn't paying attention or just being a dick.Good job savin your ***.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:45 AM

yup. i took my mirrors off after i had a wreck a few nights ago since one broke, and i found out it's illegal not to have any here in tennessee.. then yesterday i was ... running... and i kept having to look back to see if the 5.0 was still there.. it sucked.. needless to say, i'm getting a mirror today..

Old 09-30-2008, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: bdong

yup. i took my mirrors off after i had a wreck a few nights ago since one broke, and i found out it's illegal not to have any here in tennessee.. then yesterday i was ... running... and i kept having to look back to see if the 5.0 was still there.. it sucked.. needless to say, i'm getting a mirror today..
wow, your smart.

Quick Reply: Had to get skinny!!!