Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Guns (flame free please!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:17 AM
Mad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guns (flame free please!!!)

ORIGINAL: Triangle

I wish I could delete my post here but I can't so I'll just replace it.

If someone told me that if I threw 20c into a river, everyone on the planet who had ever fired a gun killed themselves, then I would throw that 20c coin in a heartbeat... it would kill me too, but it would be well worth it.

Pity it can never happen.
I don't understand your post...

What about those who WILL fire a gun??? Your post doesn't mention getting rid of guns it only mentions getting rid of those who have fired one. I don't mean to blast you but there will ALWAYS be someone who fires a gun regardless if it is in a safe manner for sport or necessity such as cops and the military.

I still don't think guns are the problem. It's the people. Your car can kill alot of people too but you CHOOSE to not crash it into people.. WHY???

NOTE: I mean YOU and YOUR as the masses not particularly YOU in particular.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Triangle

I wish I could delete my post here but I can't so I'll just replace it.

If someone told me that if I threw 20c into a river, everyone on the planet who had ever fired a gun killed themselves, then I would throw that 20c coin in a heartbeat... it would kill me too, but it would be well worth it.

Pity it can never happen.

You know, this post speaks volumes.

Advocating suicide, or even worse, facillitating it. The death of another human being is not something to joke about, and especially not something one should WISH for another.

It strikes me as so ironic that those here who are posting as gun owners, are doing so in a polite, reasoned, and considerate manner while the most "anti-gun" post is so over the top as to advocate mass suicide.

Shooting, nor gun ownership, is not an illegal act. I could see someone try to argue it as immoral (not that it would hold water), but that is not the same thing as illegal. Somehow you think this rises to a level that should automatically extinguish human life.

So, if we take your post based on it's face value, then we would loose every police officer, every member of the military, all jail guards, and the vast majority of the population.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:13 PM

Lawful gun carrying is not an issue in the UK but there are major initiatives in the carrying knives. My thought as an enforcement officer has always been "what level of force does any given situation demand." unfortunately whilst i'm going about this logical process, i could have been shot / stabbed by the psycho that thinks i might use any force on him /her. So in the states do you shoot first and think later or just risk getting shot? i don't see any winners there.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:55 PM

would the guy be less likely to take a shot at you if he knew you had a gun along with everyone else standing around you, that he was no more capable of hurting an 65 year old women than she was defending herself against him.