Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Guitar Hero III

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guitar Hero III

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i

haven't put a serious amount of time in yet, but i am about halfway through on medium....man this is fun.

i flicked it on to expert, i dont know how its even possible to consider playing that.....
lolll When I first tried that game I flicked it on expert and failed a song 3x in a row then got the hang of it.. that was on GH2. I never played the game on any difficulty less than expert before. Now I've gotten to the point where I can almost beat the whole game using the xbox controller. GH Aerosmith is a lot easier than GH3 imo. I beat that game using the controller on expert getting 95%+ first try on every song. Get COD4 if you want a first person shooter. I've heard that Rainbow Six Vegas is really good too. My brother's been addicted to it for a while and he tells me it is a lot like COD4 but I dunno. I'm in a dorm now and don't have xbox live while I'm here so I haven't been able to play any of those games since June
your forth try on GH hero you made it through a song on expert? i gotta call BS on this one...

Old 09-29-2008, 09:04 AM

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

haven't put a serious amount of time in yet, but i am about halfway through on medium....man this is fun.

i flicked it on to expert, i dont know how its even possible to consider playing that.....
lolll When I first tried that game I flicked it on expert and failed a song 3x in a row then got the hang of it.. that was on GH2. I never played the game on any difficulty less than expert before. Now I've gotten to the point where I can almost beat the whole game using the xbox controller. GH Aerosmith is a lot easier than GH3 imo. I beat that game using the controller on expert getting 95%+ first try on every song. Get COD4 if you want a first person shooter. I've heard that Rainbow Six Vegas is really good too. My brother's been addicted to it for a while and he tells me it is a lot like COD4 but I dunno. I'm in a dorm now and don't have xbox live while I'm here so I haven't been able to play any of those games since June
your forth try on GH hero you made it through a song on expert? i gotta call BS on this one...
Calling BS. The learning curve from Medium to Hard is harder than Hard to Expert. The proper use of the orange fret requires practice of many songs.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:07 AM
VP

Hayden, my friend David was out of work for like 6 months and he just played "hit me with your best shot" on expert over and over again. None of us knew what he was doing until one day, my roommate and I had a couple people over to play some GH and he said "hey watch this."

The next part of the story will blow your mind, so make sure you're sitting down.

He starts "hit me with your best shot" on expert... plays the first note then turns around, facing us NOT THE TV and got a 100% without missing a single note. He can play the entire farking song without even looking.

So his friend he brought with him Johnny says, hey let me try that...and it turns out Johnny had memorized "The Pretender" by Foo Fighters ON EXPERT and got a 100% WITHOUT LOOKING.

As cool as it was, it totally ruined the chance of any of us ever inviting either of them over for GH again.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

COD4 ****s and pisses all over Halo3. Halo3 is the cup in 2G1C. It loves getting filled with ****.
i dont think it couldve been put more perfectly
Dude I have played Halo with you...how can you say that???!?!?!
i know i know! dont get me wrong, H3 is a very good game, it just doesnt do so hot when compared to COD4 [&:]

Old 09-29-2008, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Hayden, my friend David was out of work for like 6 months and he just played "hit me with your best shot" on expert over and over again. None of us knew what he was doing until one day, my roommate and I had a couple people over to play some GH and he said "hey watch this."

The next part of the story will blow your mind, so make sure you're sitting down.

He starts "hit me with your best shot" on expert... plays the first note then turns around, facing us NOT THE TV and got a 100% without missing a single note. He can play the entire farking song without even looking.

So his friend he brought with him Johnny says, hey let me try that...and it turns out Johnny had memorized "The Pretender" by Foo Fighters ON EXPERT and got a 100% WITHOUT LOOKING.

As cool as it was, it totally ruined the chance of any of us ever inviting either of them over for GH again.

Hahaha I've got a friend just like that cept his niche is cities on flame with rock and roll.. he can 100% that crap w/out looking at the tv. I faked a few of my friends out and was playing it lefty one day and told them to pick a song and I'd play it w/out looking but I just looked at a reflection of the tv in a picture frame.. lol

Old 09-29-2008, 01:35 PM

to all the COD4 fanboys, H*ll F**king NO
I got sucked into COD4 for a little bit, then I just got bored, it's too serious and too random. I hate how people can just lob a grenade at the beginning of a match and get 3-4 kills off it with NO skill. EVERYBODY is a sniper, which is annoying as....I dont even know. Needless to say, I soon went back to Halo 3.
BUT I've had this discussion before, and it's not gonna go anywhere, lol, believe me I know, we'll all side on our favorite shooter and nothing will get accomplished.
BOTH are good, dont get me wrong, I got to like level 50 or something on COD4 and was consistently on the top of the boards, but I still like Halo better.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:44 PM

I liked both games but i had halo first. i loved halo but then i picked up cod4 and fell inlove. its way faster pace and the people actually die when you are shooting them. i get frustrated in halo cuz it takes longer for a kill. im not sure if you play nhl games but they are badass now a days. and yes cod4 does take alot more skill than some think. and not1 every1 is a sniper. alot of people camp out but thats cuz they are scared

Old 09-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all i know is all the games i like rule, and all the games you guys like suck! [8D]

Old 09-29-2008, 03:00 PM

Counter-Strike

Old 09-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

COD4 ****s and pisses all over Halo3. Halo3 is the cup in 2G1C. It loves getting filled with ****.

Hahaha...that is funny. Not because of it's legitimacy...just because it's funny. I have never played COD4 so I wouldn't know. The last game I played was Halo III. I got tired of getting killed by little 9 year old bastards every five seconds. How many times can you have a 9 year old call you a "f_cking ******" before you're done? Anyway, I rented GTA4, and that's why I have arisen from the dead on Xbox live. I think I just added someone...Ranger, was that you? I am going to play Rainbow 6 L.V. next. I know I'm playing old *** games, but I have about a year of catching up to do. After that, I am going to play Force...at some point I have to pick up COD4.